• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carter BB fuel pump

Stumper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a rebuild kit for a 62’ Carter fuel pump that’s on a 361 BB motor? The only place I’ve found is Mancini and I sent them a note to see if the kit they have will work on an early pump, but haven’t heard back yet? Are the rebuild kits very specific to application or more generic ?

Does anyone know where I can get a rebuild kit for a 62’ Carter fuel pump that’s on a 361 BB motor? The only place I’ve found is Mancini and I sent them a note to see if the kit they have will work on an early pump, but haven’t heard back yet? Are the rebuild kits very specific to application or more generic ?
Call them. Do not wait for a e-mail to be answered. They clearly state what model pumps the kits fit. M6902, M6903, M4862, M6902 ,M6903. What model or part number pump do you have.

Call them. Do not wait for a e-mail to be answered. They clearly state what model pumps the kits fit. M6902, M6903, M4862, M6902 ,M6903. What model or part number pump do you have.
Won’t have my car back from the shop until Friday to get numbers.

I don't consider the style fuel pump @PurpleBeeper posted as rebuildable. I know there are people with the ability to rebuild them, but in no way is it cost effective.

I’d call Then and Now and see what they could do for you.

A place called Then and now automotive has rebuild kits for some old carter fuel pumps. A Google search will get you there.

I don't consider the style fuel pump @PurpleBeeper posted as rebuildable. I know there are people with the ability to rebuild them, but in no way is it cost effective
A place called Then and now automotive has rebuild kits for some old carter fuel pumps. A Google search will get you there.

Thanks for this lead. I’ll look into them.

Thanks for this lead. I’ll look into them.
Rebuilt 2 Carter pumps using their kits. Quality parts and knowledgeable at the other end of the phone. One note - instead of peening the pin that holds the pump "finger" in place, I would tap and thread and install a set screw. Ask me why I did this.

Ok, I’ll bite, why?
The plug that is peened in to hold the pin feel out - hence a $150 tow call.

20230505_160903[1].jpg

20230516_165644[1].jpg

20230516_162150[1].jpg

20230516_170908[1].jpg

20230516_172316[1].jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back