• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CE Ladder bar launch opinions

Got the bars moved tonight. Couldn't go up 2 holes as the safety strap hit the floor. So they got moved up 1 hole. Bars are now 3.5 degrees up. We'll see Friday if it works.
Doug

Different track, last year, bar in the top hole. Rear separates slightly more than being one hole down. May need to go back up, but car does strike the tire hard enough now where it is.
think it is a simple weight to power issue now.

This is the Street Lynx setup. Not much difference in the way the car reacts vs Ladder bar.

So far in my testing, the only advantage I see between the street lynx I had and the ladder bars now, is I have room for more tire. That said, with more suspension tuning, I do believe there will be a slight advantage with the ladder bar once I find the sweet spot.

My car reacts better with a radial Tire, but I am not a fan of their life span. They are also hit and miss when the track goes away.

1.36-.38 60 on a radial
1.40-1.42 60 on a bias

about a 1/10th faster on the big end with a radial.

Moving the bar seems to have worked. Though 60fts are slow 1.32, 1.31 its hiking the front end, but too quick. Need to tighten the front shocks. 9.26, 9.23 for my two hits today on 9.25 index. Dismal D/A, 4300+. Pouring rain right now tomorrows weather will be completely different. Probably add 100-150lbs.
Doug

I was getting too much air... I added 2 notches of front rebound to the shocks and that settled the front end down to about a 2’ wheelie.
So by making it more difficult for the front shocks to extend (adding rebound) that kept the front end from coming up as much?

Moving the bar seems to have worked. Though 60fts are slow 1.32, 1.31 its hiking the front end, but too quick. Need to tighten the front shocks. 9.26, 9.23 for my two hits today on 9.25 index. Dismal D/A, 4300+. Pouring rain right now tomorrows weather will be completely different. Probably add 100-150lbs.
Doug
—-
Yep, that’s exactly the same as on my car, front shock adjustment for control. Will be interesting to hear how it works for you with decent DA tomorrow.

I did a check on my ladder bar adjustment yesterday and nothing had changed at all, since setting up last year sometime. My outlaw bars are adjustable on the top bars. Less driver I adjust the right side top bar so that the bolt slides freely, add 2 flats preload and lock it. Then when I’m sitting in the car the bolt slides freely.

I have the bar marked so that I don’t mess up.
76B879E5-5EF8-450D-857C-81CCA5A5BBDC.jpeg

Thanks DVW. What you describe are the results I am experiencing. The front end comes up quicker with the bar up at the front on my car. But because of the weight to power I run, it drops just as quick. Even with the front shocks tightened up. With the bar level, the car leaves similar to the street lynx I ran. I think I need to tighten the rebound a touch on the front yet, but at the current power level, I think where it is now is about all I can get out of it.
I also notice 60 down a touch with bar up.
Interesting findings. Thanks.

Doug
—-
How did the weekend go Doug?

Ran a 10.27 with a 1.40 60 @ 130.5 on a Hoosier 29x10.5W bias
Ran a 10.13 with a 1.39 60 @ 132.5 on a Hoosier 30x10.5 radial

so the radial is making the ground up on the big end.

still not much for separation at the rear. May have to go back up with the bar?

My race season is done for the year. My oldest daughter is getting married next weekend and I have a house to get back together before winter. Had a flood in the basement this summer and it is a bit of a disaster area right now.

I do have a couple videos I will post later.

Interesting. The shorter fatter bias must take quite a bit more power to turn. What were your tire pressures?
(I've got 315/60x15 et street pro, and 31x18.5-15 QuickTime pro bias. I'll bet the radials are quicker, if the track prep is good and they hook).

15.25 Bias. 17.5 Radial
Radial tire and rim combo lighter for sure.

Ran a 10.27 with a 1.40 60 @ 130.5 on a Hoosier 29x10.5W bias
Ran a 10.13 with a 1.39 60 @ 132.5 on a Hoosier 30x10.5 radial

so the radial is making the ground up on the big end.

still not much for separation at the rear. May have to go back up with the bar?

My race season is done for the year. My oldest daughter is getting married next weekend and I have a house to get back together before winter. Had a flood in the basement this summer and it is a bit of a disaster area right now.

I do have a couple videos I will post later.
I'd tighten the front.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back