• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cel phones suck

yella71

Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
My old phone took a dump seemingly out of nowhere. I went to open a text from a coustomer and bang the screen went black. no I didn't drop it or anything stupid it just died. Sooo jump on the computer get on Verizon and order a phone.......Oh im sorry your phone is no longer available....one similer? this one is only $975 or 35 dollars a month till it also shits the bed. or heres this one Google pixle. just 200....spend an hour and a half in the phone store swap over Most of the phone info and wala....new phone. less than 24 hours and the phone is not functioning right , re boot its fine then not re boot again.....all good then its not. back to the phone store in the morning... Cel phones suck

No drama here. Battery life seems to be my issue after about two years on iPhones.

I'm on my third cell since 1985. Old flipper is doing just fine, it's the free one they gave me when I had to go to GSM from analog. My 5W "bag" phone died in 2006 !

insurance is not the issue , not being able to get the phone I had that worked well is the issue. there are hundreds of different phones out there you cant "test drive" them how do you know what they are like? how they function, $975 for a phone is just stupid.... my phone lives in a harsh environment also. I try my best to not drop it hit it or do any physical harm to it and have been successful I guess never broke the screen or cover eather. but it died any why. Im thinking of getting it fixed but will it still work after that? I guess that's why I like old cars...simple easy to fix.

My wife gets ours off a website called Groupon. They are used, but usually run about $100. I've had mine about a year, No complaints. I won't pay the Big $$ for a phone, Too Many Hot Rod parts to buy...

Title should be “smartphones suck”

Don’t get me wrong, they are great when they work, but when they fail it is a huge waste of time at the store and big $$$

Flipper fone here also and LOVE IT. Simple, never falters. It I take an I-pad on the run for internet and camera.

There are many cases available to protect a phone. Anyone who works in the trades or in bad weather should have one of these cases. Im presently using a "lifeproof" case. Its suppose to be water proof. Its not to clumsy either as my phone has to stay in my pocket. I can go through three of these cases a year but there worth it as my phone looks as good as new when I remove it. I presently have a Samsung and it was a older model.
What ive found is these sales people sometimes push certain models that might not be that good.

Hey thanks for the support I my have made someheadway......I got an updated installed and it seems better (still sux) yes smart phones suck my old flip never let me down...until the top half left the bottom half in a most amazing way.

YEah - but a smart phone is the equivalent of have a hand held computer. Your flip phone is not. If you don’t need or want a hand held computer don’t buy one. I do.....

ive been using tracfone flips for over 15 years and now my model is no longer supported......
i had to get another flip fone thats Also one of these pos smart fones.
smart my ***.

so far this thing has refused to dial,or type,whenever it feels like it,
and this is the 2cnd exact same fone ive had to replace in less than 3 months............
sure does make me feel like its a reliable pos.( insert sarcasm anywheres )

these tracfone people have quite the scam going And being a valued customer for over 15 years?
didnt mean squat when the 1st brand new fone was forked up,
and they wanted ME to buy another sim card...yes...Me..
the guy who just bought a brand new fone...from the store...
so...i should pay More because it doesnt work right....?

I haven't purchased a mobile device, ever, and have been using them for the past 20+ years. I am fortunate to have an employer that replaces mine every two years whether I want one or not.
I have decided that when I retire I still won't buy one. I think I can survive without it.

No drama here. Battery life seems to be my issue after about two years on iPhones.
It may not be your battery. Apple purposely slows down, and has a way of decreasing battery life on older iPhones. I changed to an android and it's now over 2 years old and no issues.

new day... new issues to deal with lets hope my phone is not one. unfortunately It is the life line to my business (repair shop) yes its a hand held computer which is awesome in its own right. I wish I could get along without one. I remember the days when I ran out the door and told whomever that ill be at so and sos place or ill be back later and that was that. Those days are gone. Maybe ill bring my carb to the Verizon store and see if they can get that to work right.....

My old phone took a dump seemingly out of nowhere. I went to open a text from a coustomer and bang the screen went black. no I didn't drop it or anything stupid it just died. Sooo jump on the computer get on Verizon and order a phone.......Oh im sorry your phone is no longer available....one similer? this one is only $975 or 35 dollars a month till it also shits the bed. or heres this one Google pixle. just 200....spend an hour and a half in the phone store swap over Most of the phone info and wala....new phone. less than 24 hours and the phone is not functioning right , re boot its fine then not re boot again.....all good then its not. back to the phone store in the morning... Cel phones suck

DVYammnVQAAN6Se.jpg

28a9d4d7a79385b1c8d17f837c87a3a3.jpg

upload_2019-2-21_9-12-22.jpeg

I have two kids who upgrade their phones every couple of years so I take one of their old ones. I was using an iphone 5s but was getting annoyed at the constant messages to update software, cloud passwords, etc. so switched to a Google Pixel. It started doing strange **** and it was a bitch to handle the larger phone as well as get used to the different workings of it. So I switched back to the 5s and did all the updates. I'm happy again.

My 5W "bag" phone died in 2006 !

Hey, those old bag phones actually worked!

Here is my take on why cell phones suck (yes I agree) these days: It's because they're not phones any more... they're little, minituare handheld computers! We all know the problems and aggravation we get from computers. Put that in a small package and what do you have?... More problems and aggravation that you can conveniently carry with you 24 hours a day, no matter where you are! I only have one because my boss pays for mine and my wife's due to being on the road alot. I have a great boss and I use it for work or personal use so why would I ever buy my own?

But the day he went to smart phones and got rid of my old flip phone (which was much more reliable and worked and held a charge for days not hours) was when everything went downhill. Why do people have to take everything with them all the time? Wait till you get home to use the computer . Who cares that your neighbor posted on facebook that they went shopping and then out to eat. Give me back the good ol simple days. All this crap just adds to our stress. We bring it on ourselves with today's modern technology!

I'm done! I feel much better.

Auto Transport Service
Back