• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheap meal?

In WI, most everyone was German up till a few years ago. Or Swedish, or Dutch, or maybe Norway depends on region, but if you were one of those your neighbor was German and you probably married one :)
Braunschwieger is something I enjoy, but I have to get it from local butcher/sausage place. Store bought is wanting, after growing up with home made family old world stuff. Rest of the family won't eat it though, so I rarely get it anymore.
Liver is another one, you don;t live in WI surrounded by cows and not eat liver. Most hole in the wall corner places have it on the menu. Father in law and myself will partake.

Now that I am thinking about local sausage haus...
"Farmer sausage" is smoked sausage, beef, maybe a little pork depending but not always, usually in the shape of a ring bologna. It is nothing like a ring bologna. Eat it uncooked with cheddar(WI cheddar, which even in "medium" is like double sharp everywhere else) maybe some grapes to go with. Or apple slices. And a beer.

Haven't got any in a while now, but I am fond of smoked lake trout from lake superior, local sausage place gets some in occasionally. Same thing really, some cheese and maybe grapes or apple slices. I will have some crackers with this sometimes. And a beer. At Easter time a hard boiled egg cut in slices goes well with this too.
I like me some hacker pschorr
landjeager Dry sausage , with some cheese curds.
ok. I’ll have another hacker pschorr. Thank you.

I like me some hacker pschorr
landjeager Dry sausage , with some cheese curds.
ok. I’ll have another hacker pschorr. Thank you.
I can attest to these:
Shop | Zuber's Meats
The original. Italian is also OK, for something different.

If you can pick them up in person they are much less pricey. This is not my local sausage place, but it is one I am familiar with that will actually ship stuff that isn't some factory made mumbo jumbo. Had a good friend that traveled past this place to visit family and would bring back a few bags.

Just 37¢
1686888776655.png

I can attest to these:
Shop | Zuber's Meats
The original. Italian is also OK, for something different.

If you can pick them up in person they are much less pricey. This is not my local sausage place, but it is one I am familiar with that will actually ship stuff that isn't some factory made mumbo jumbo. Had a good friend that traveled past this place to visit family and would bring back a few bags.
Thanks for that link D

Auto Transport Service
Back