• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chicken prices @ 1.79 lb here.....

2020 hind sight will not help us now
It was a clusterf--k in every country just worse in some
With any luck if we all get with the program I think things will get better next year

2020 hind sight will not help us now
It was a clusterf--k in every country just worse in some
With any luck if we all get with the program I think things will get better next year

Depends on what "program"...

10 lb. bag of leg quarters is $ 7.80 now and was $5.80 last year. Legs & thighs are $ 1.29 lb. which is up from $.99 last year.
The big difference here is beef. I usually get the "chuck eye" steaks which the butcher calls the poor mans rib eye because they have a lot of marbling in them and they were cheap at $ 4.99 lb. but now they are & 11.99 lb.

I always bought Delmonico or Rib eye steaks.. $11.99lb and would go on sale. They are now $21.99lb. sadly I bought my last of those as I spent $69 on 3 steaks. Normally buy and cook a standing Rib roast for new years eve.. Don't know if I will want to spend the $$ on it..

This years deer came to 160 pounds of meat at the butchers, at 65 cents a pound cut and wrapped and frozen, so I’m at something like $105 all in. Including getting hamburger patties pre made. Sure, I paid for gas but it’s the same gas you burn going to the grocery store.

I guess I'm lucky so far. I mainly shop the specials. General prices have gone up so you really need a freezer and watch the deals. (all in CAN$)
$1.99/lbs for whole chicken
$3.99/chuck roast/steak (or $7.99 angus chuck)
$3.69/lbs butter
$3.99/lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
$1.69 legs & thighs
$3.99 jumbo wings
$2.99 lean ground beef

Before the pandemic when shopping in Buffalo NY, grocery prices were more expensive for most things except dairy products and eggs.

Just a few months ago finding it for 99c lb wasn't all that hard with 1.29 being non sale price but today, it's 1.79 geez. And forget beef! Can't even afford that anymore.....
I don't want to derail this Chicken thread, but you mentioned beef. A local grocery store was advertising some kind of "fashion" Japanese sirloin steak at $43.50 per pound! You would have to get the Visa card out to buy a meal.

I don't want to derail this Chicken thread, but you mentioned beef. A local grocery store was advertising some kind of "fashion" Japanese sirloin steak at $43.50 per pound! You would have to get the Visa card out to buy a meal.
Wagu ?????

Shop local. Use the local butcher whenever you can. Ours has specials going for sides, and quantity sales.

I fired up the second freezer a few weeks ago and am keeping it stocked as well. This is gonna get worse before it gets better.

Keep in mind, anyone who says "inflation is only 5 or 6%"....is full of ****. The index they use for those numbers DON'T INCLUDE food, fuel, or utilities. Y'know...the stuff we all LIVE ON. We're well into the double-digits, and it ain't slowing down anytime soon. Buckle up...gonna be a rough ride.

Wife just came home from a grocery run. First time for her in months as I've been doing it. She wanted to see how her eyes dealt with driving and shopping so I let her go. I've been getting everything on her list the past few months and generally dole over about $380 to the cashier. She took a hit for $554.80 today !! Guess I'd better get my *** back to work in the hangar!

Pop tarts, my go-to diet in HS, **** da beef, eat more pop tarts...easier chew down if you don’t try to ponder much on the ingredients.

Thread cleaned like the insides of a turkey just before going into the oven.
:lol: Must have missed what happened but knew it was bound to be circling the PF drain...

Had no idea this thread was going to turn into the Duden that it did.......

I have a fix for you cranky you need to buy veggie burgers. No chicken needed

Grow your own chickens for food, but don't name them!

That's way Christmas won't happen because the reindeer have covid.

Do prairie dogs taste like chicken?:D
Have no idea....

cruel

but funny :poke:

sorry Cranky
yeah I'm almost at the point I don't look at prices
it pisses me off so bad
seems like groceries, in general, are all up some 20% to 50%
produce is way more, like 40% plus/plus to 100% more to begin with
Have to pay attention to prices. After my divorce, gots to. And I'm used to the PD jokes lol

I have a fix for you cranky you need to buy veggie burgers. No chicken needed
Never tried one....but....

Grow your own chickens for food, but don't name them!
Never had a problem with chickens for food.....but, I'm sure someone here in the neighborhood would complain if I did that.

That's way Christmas won't happen because the reindeer have covid.
I'm kinda tired of the Covid stuff......so how bout giving it a rest.....and that goes for everyone else too. Thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back