• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Christmas" comes early for Biomedtechguy...

biomedtechguy

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:08 PM
Reaction score
I've owned my QA1 K-member and sway bar...
Screenshot_20191109-000905_Chrome.jpg
and complete front suspension system for a year now...
Screenshot_20191109-000952_Chrome.jpg

the only non QA1 part being the upper control arms which are these SPC UCAs
7728030-SPCuppercontolarm.jpg

I already have 2 way adjustable Viking front shocks.
I've been waiting to get it installed until I could take advantage of an at cost deal on a killer Wilwood 4 wheel 6 piston disc brake system, and now I can!
12.88" 6 piston front brakes:
20191109_002017.jpg

And 12.19" 6 piston rear brakes w/parking brake drum:
Screenshot_20191109-002213_Chrome.jpg

Wilwood master cylinder and proportioning valve:
downloadfile.jpg

And the 17" Year One aluminum Rallye wheels will allow those beautiful slotted drilled rotors to fit and be seen just fine!
20191109_003732.jpg

So now little things, like STEERING and STOPPING are going to work WAY better!
I've had alignment problems since I got the car, but this is going to fix that, and I've had problems with the Right Stuff front drum to disc conversion system that I can NOT get resolved-the problem always comes back. NO MORE!
I'll get my line lock installed too!
Wraptor serpentine system is in,
Screenshot_20191011-174717_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20191011-174650_Chrome.jpg

The Wraptor is going to get me power steering for the first time, and man, that's going to make parallel parking at 1pm in July in south Louisiana a much nicer, less life threatening prospect, especially with the AC on full blast...
Speaking of AC, I've got a Cold Case 26" aluminum radiator and Vintage Air AC system to install!
Dakota Digital gauges that I've owned for 3+ years can be installed when the Vintage Air goes in so now I'll be able to actually know how fast my Passon Performance a855 5 speed and 4.10 ring and pinion gearset in the Dana 60 is moving me. The Hydramax hydraulic throwout bearing and HitMaster launch control system will make my 1320 launches way better, and hopefully the hydraulic clutch will be easier on the old beat up knee. I am also going to see about getting a new driveshaft, probably chrome molybdenum, because the stock one isn't the best, and with the overdrive 5th gear and 4.10 R&P it's spinning pretty darn fast.

Long time coming!! I would really like to do the front suspension and brakes myself, but "my garage" is still "on the list" and although my buddy has let me use his lift and offered help (when the Saints aren't playing football) I'll be waiting another year to find the time and space at his house. I've swapped out the transmission here on jackstands a couple of times, but stuff like this is better for me to do my job and have a mechanic shop do what they do.
Thanks for the replies!

Very nice. Those rears are 4 piston not 6. I have the same ones but opted for no parking brake

Very nice. Those rears are 4 piston not 6. I have the same ones but opted for no parking brake
I grabbed the picture off the interweb...
MY rear calipers ARE 6 piston...:bananadance::D
I have a manual transmission, so a parking brake seems like a requirement.
Am I missing something?

I grabbed the picture off the interweb...
MY rear calipers ARE 6 piston...:bananadance::D
I have a manual transmission, so a parking brake seems like a requirement.
Am I missing something?

nope you’ll need it with the manual trans, race car auto trans is why I didn’t opt for that option lol. That ride is going to stop on a dime!

That ride is going to stop on a dime!
I looked at smaller front and rear Wilwood disc brakes, and because a vendor made an error and is compensating me for labor costs I am going to incur, they are offering Wilwood brakes at cost, so I'm "going for the gusto". Smaller brakes just weren't that much cheaper. I'm keeping the brakes manual because that's what I prefer. This is also along the lines of moving in the "restomod/pro touring" direction I want to take my car in.
No "modern engine" though, ever! This real V-code Roadrunner is ALWAYS going to have a big block wedge and 3x2 of something feeding the beast!!!:bananadance::steering:

Something to think about, you’re gonna need some side wall and probably a bias ply if you plan to hook that thing with a stick.

Last edited:
Something to think about, you’re gonna need some side wall and probably a bias ply if you plan to hook that thing with a stick.
Yes. HitMaster launch control system is going to help. RMS StreetLynx or Gerst triangulated rear suspension is on "the list". I think my factory leaf springs are weak, and I bent the crap out of Mancini's best pinion snubber, so that makes me suspect weak leaf springs too. Not pursuing doing anything to "fix" the leafs, because I have already absolutely decided to go 4 link.
Current Toyo Proxes TQ drag radials 315/35/17 have never been heated/cleaned at the starting line because I haven't installed the line lock, but that is about to happen. I think that will help. Looking at bias ply rears for the strip, and either skinnier front radials or dedicated bias ply fronts for the track if I go bias ply in the rear.
I think the HitMaster is going to do the job, so bias ply rears (and fronts) may not be necessary.

I thought by the title of the thread you've been binge watching Hallmark channel or Lifetime network. WTF is the deal with all these Christmas love shows?? Enough already! LOL Nice setup by the way. We are doing the same this year on a 69 Charger.

Hope it is done for Cruisin the Coast next year so I can get a ride. Just got the Runner home to NM, 1700 miles so a trip to N.O. will be easy.

Do you still have the existing spindle nut right? :lol:
2 forum members helped me out there, and others, like you were willing to!
For those who missed it, my current $700 Right Stuff drum to disc conversion system included compatible brand new spindles, but the $2,500 Wilwood drum to disc setup DOESN'T include spindles and I had thrown away the drum spindles I had replaced. :BangHead:
One guy sent me a pair of drum spindles for the cost of shipping and another member sent me the spindle nuts gratis!
:luvplace::thankyou::drinks:.
You can't buy NEW drum spindles for a 70 Roadrunner :cursin:

2 forum members helped me out there, and others, like you were willing to!
For those who missed it, my current $700 Right Stuff drum to disc conversion system included compatible brand new spindles, but the $2,500 Wilwood drum to disc setup DOESN'T include spindles and I had thrown away the drum spindles I had replaced. :BangHead:
One guy sent me a pair of drum spindles for the cost of shipping and another member sent me the spindle nuts gratis!
:luvplace::thankyou::drinks:.
You can't buy NEW drum spindles for a 70 Roadrunner :cursin:
I still have the front drum spindles and a pair of a bodies spindles, free, pay for shipping

Auto Transport Service
Back