• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrysler SnoRunner On Facebook, *Not Mine.*

66ChargerHI-PO

Local time
5:18 AM
Reaction score
Currently for sale in Rhode Island for $1,750.

1979 Chrysler SnoRunner

B38E9645-493B-47DD-982F-C089375A784A.png

317BD49C-F097-42AB-A016-3FA1048735F4.png

Is that $1.75? If so, I’m all in!

A bunch of us had those in the late 80's. They were plentiful around Detroit. Lots of employees got them for bonuses, when Chrysler was spinning in the shitter. We'd get together, and ride them thru local parks at night. There was a shop that had bought all the surplus parts in town, too. You'd find them at garage sales, or when you went to buy something else, and there'd be one in a garage, just laying there. A couple crated ones were found by guys in the group. There were two sno-runner models. The ones with the single hole muffler had more power than the salt-shaker mufflers. Later, there were sno-rabbits?
They were actually kinda fun and went 20-25 mph, which could feel real fast on that little ski and narrow chain of paddles. I'm gonna try to find a picture....

Guy here in town has four of them.. wants $3500cdn each for them.
He’s probably been on BAT… where everything goes for 3 times what it’s actually worth. I think I saw one sell for $5k on there.

Here ya go. A whole bunch of them on there sold for over $3500-$4500.

How bout this idiot… 2 for $15,000.

Last edited:
We paid 100-250. 600 new in crate.

These are going for $1,500-$3,000 depending on horse power model and condition. I have one with lots of spare parts.

The engines were from Chrysler Marine. Back in the day, they were used for those big blinking traffic arrows on highway construction.

Good friend of mine has a couple...one Still in the crate. And a bunch of parts for them.

I keep telling him
Throw a hitch on his 1968 RT conv. Put his Chrysler boat behind it. With a snow runner inside it.

And hit some shows.

Auto Transport Service
Back