• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clutch for Tremec TKX

Artis

Local time
11:13 AM
Reaction score
Hello guys!

What are reliable clutch options for street use with Tremec gearbox. Engine will be 440/512 stroker, Eddy rpm heads, KB Hyper pistons. On paper it should reach 500+ hp and same torque.
My goal is to get softer pedal than original that can handle all power.
What are you using on daily/street drive with that kind of power?

Thanks!

Who are you getting the TKX from? The reseller typically can put a kit together. I did a TKX in a ’not’ Mopar, BBC and we used a McLeod setup with traditional style action, not hydraulic. Works well and doesn’t wear your leg out. Good smooth engagement.

Yes, currently Im exchanging emails with American Powertrain.
They are offering two setups - one is safe for 500hp and 550tq, other is twin disc system for 500+hp. Horsepower rated to the wheels.

My other question is about adverted power and power on wheels.
Does my engine setup will reach 500+ or it will stay under 500hp/550tq.
There are couple of guys running with this setup on "11 and 12 second combos" thread, but they didn't mentioned power on wheels. Maby I should write them...

I'm using a McLeod RST with TKO600. It's a twin disc, organic friction material. Pedal is light and the clutch is super smooth.

Not much action here. I too am shopping for a clutch. SST TKO 440. When i broke down in Mississippi (fuel pump in tank failed) it had to be revved and walked a few miles to get away from the Clantons and wait in a safe place for AAA. This at the cost of the clutch. Lots of riding. It smelled bad and still works but has a lousy chatter launch. Looking for good street clutch to handle about 415 RWHP. Lots of traffic here. I’ve transitioned from performance to reliability and ease of use. Don’t remember what’s in there now.

Not much action here. I too am shopping for a clutch. SST TKO 440. When i broke down in Mississippi (fuel pump in tank failed) it had to be revved and walked a few miles to get away from the Clantons and wait in a safe place for AAA. This at the cost of the clutch. Lots of riding. It smelled bad and still works but has a lousy chatter launch. Looking for good street clutch to handle about 415 RWHP. Lots of traffic here. I’ve transitioned from performance to reliability and ease of use. Don’t remember what’s in there now.
You ought to bring it here for installation after you buy one.

Jesus Chrysler! A Hayes Clutch is a thousand bucks.

If you want a softer pedal, I'm thinking diaphragm. Haven't seen it called out here. My Hemi car has an 11" Centerforce. You should follow through with all instructions for it, plus a good flywheel.

What is the advantage of a Hydraulic Clutch. Feel? Performance?

It is the feel and the simplicity.
The feel is linear from when the grow out bearing makes contact to the full release. It feels like a new car.
The lack of linkage means only a single small hydraulic line that alloy room for exhaust of almost any type.

It is the feel and the simplicity.
The feel is linear from when the grow out bearing makes contact to the full release. It feels like a new car.
The lack of linkage means only a single small hydraulic line that alloy room for exhaust of almost any type.
Got it. I thought that the clutch in 09 R/T with the M6 was too light and Mickey Mousey. Easy to stall too. The original configuration in the old dog 69 feels just right. Not too heavy.

Auto Transport Service
Back