• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

College Grad in Tears After Experiencing First Ever 9-to-5 Job

So glad I am way past this as being a Senior does have its perks. She should try and join the Military and see how much "FREE AND PERSONAL TIME" she has. O-Dark 30 get ups. Through on the Zoom Bag/Flight Suit and show by 5:00 am for a 7:30 am take off. Fly for 8 hours straight, land offload/upload, and take off for another 5-plus hour leg. Land offload, and hit crew rest You are so amped up that you cannot unwind without a few beers or drinks. Sleep restlessly and maybe get 4 1/2 to 5 hours sleep, get up, and do it all over again. On the road for anywhere from 10 to 25 days and finally get back home for a minimum home time of 3 days where you are back to it all over again. Add to it, the constant Jet Lag due to your Cicadian Rythum being all screwed up, and??? Well, she ain't experienced nothing yet. Weak livered pampered entitled POS!!!cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

17 years of public education/college really did a fine job of preparing her for actual life

I think its the parents job to prepare her for life.... education gives her tools and options to adjust to which ever life she chooses. I dont think we pay teachers enough to prepare spoiled kids for adulthood.

I think its the parents job to prepare her for life.... education gives her tools and options to adjust to which ever life she chooses. I dont think we pay teachers enough to prepare spoiled kids for adulthood.
Good, cause they sure do a lousy job of it at the current pay scale.

Good, cause they sure do a lousy job of it at the current pay scale.

teachers used to be underpaid, and they actually used to teach....... now they appear to be overpaid babysitters; I also see a lot of purple hair freak show types have wormed their way in

That's pretty sad, she has a lot of growing up to do! That reminds me of that song " Walk a mile in my shoes".

Geez guys.... I dont have kids, but I value the teachers. They do a lot of work, for which they dont do it for the pay. They are expected to perform a lot of roles, and do it well. We went from holding kids accountable to holding teachers accountable for kids failures in class.

I am very supportive of teachers, regardless of their hair colors - of course not everyone will be perfect, some were awful when I was a kid 40 years ago.

good salary,3 months off, full bennys, pensions.......... if they aren't happy, they need to find another line of work

if any of our jobs were fun, we would do it for free

In the US today, teaching isn't about higher levels of education, it's more about indoctrination. More than any time before, Parents have to be 100% involved in all aspects of their kids' education. Public Education cannot be trusted anymore. What used to be one of our greatest assets, the Public Education System has turned into our single greatest liability.

Definitely not teachers job to raise our children. But sometimes they and schools overstep also.

She would be an attractive pump and dump.
Sorry KDog - No offense meant. My first red X. Only possible if she kept tape over her mouth and i didnt have to listen to a word she said. That would ruin the whole "maybe experience". And with tape over her mouth (a must) then whats she going to do with it of value? Nah I'll take a truck stop hooker before that one.

Whomever said after we're gone this country is screwed - i can only hope we make it out before the massive crumble. These young punks are like aliens compared to even the milleniums, us and beyond. And initially we thought the millenniums were bad. This is sooooo far past even them that the dirt nap is looking better and better.

Adulting is hard, at that age I was working 12-14 hours a day and picking up side jobs when I could to make ends meet. She’s going to have to figure it out, just like the rest of us did…

since the 1st Tuesday, in Nov. 2007
Liberal Indoctrinate U poster.jpg

Only to have a 9 to 5 what a dream. Like said before half day work 12hrs is normal.

Folks today seem so entitled and demanding, hell I was happy to get a steady paycheck and then they paid for me to go get a millwright degree and the school too! Then a new president came in and it got shut down. Due USS going green,poor management, greed and someone is getting a huge golden parachute wheel she sells.

Only to have a 9 to 5 what a dream. Like said before half day work 12hrs is normal.
It sure was a dream for me! On days where it was only 8 hours, I felt like it was an early prison release. It was what it was and I made the best of what it was. At least I was lucky enough to have met a wonderful women that understood that I was on my grind, making money, a no prisoners attitude, near work aholic (sp?) and serious about being the best I could possibly be at what I did.

Never a spend thrift since buying a house was the target, every dime counted. But for surely I would take her out on date nights & spend time with her. You make the time unlike the crybaby in the video.

Welcome to being a feminist and the real work world.
If they were have as smart as they are ridiculously stupid, they could have lounged around at home while a man does a man’s job. Kickin ***! Makin money & creating good time’s from scratch!

Such a stupid chick!

It's the best paying part time gig going.
I disagree with the concept of teachers working part time generally speaking. My mother taught for 40 years and did some adult education after.
In the first years she would walk, take the horse or ski to school 11/2 miles away. Then start the fire light the lamps and get ready for class. Teachers taught grades 1-10 in a one room school. Some times 25 or more students. When she taught at a school that had a teacheridge, which had two rooms, my brother and I slept on a Winnipeg couch while she sat at the table and worked on course outlines or marked exams.
When she got a position at the high school in town, we lived year round on the farm. We had at least four students come and stay for short periods of time so my Mother could give them extra help. All were successful. Money was not involved.
I was having a problem with French and Geo-trig. I would go to town on weekends and get tutoring from those teachers, and I passed.
At that time they taught 219 days a year I think it is about 196 now. Teaching here is not a simple case of teaching from 9:00-3:30 then going home and enjoying yourself.

I guess my schooling was a little different. My Dad, a Mopar guy, stuck a wrench in my hand when I was about 4 or 5.
Dad was a known street racer in our town. I'd sit on the fender of his 64' 330 and he would hand me the spark plugs
he'd just removed. "What do you think" he'd ask. I didn't know but I soon learned. By the time I was 12, I had built and rebuilt any number of motorcycles, go-karts, snowmobiles, tractors, and had my eye on my Moms 70 Super Bee. I liked school, but the older I got the more boring it became. When I went into high school, I took every shop class I could. My auto shop teacher saw something in me and told my folks that the 3 R's were a waste of time. Mom and Dad agreed. I guess my grades in those classes told the story. Bored. Back then you needed grade 10 to start an apprenticeship. I was at the end of grade 9. My teacher arranged for me to write a grade 10 equivalency test just before the end of the school year. I passed, and a few weeks later I went to work full time. I was 14 years old. That was the end of school for me. I never looked back. The shop I started at opened at 8 AM and closed at 9 PM. I got there at 7:30AM to help open. I worked on cars all day, and left at around 10 PM after spending the last hour scrubbing the bays, cleaning the lunch/change room, wiping and cleaning the hoists, draining the water out of the air compressors, cleaning tools and equipment and bringing in the customer cars that were left over night. I worked like that 6 days a week. Saturdays we closed at 6PM so I got off about 7PM. My pay at the time was $1.75 an hour and a 15% cut of all the work I sold. No kidding. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. And you know what. I loved every minute of it!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back