• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Confused guy at gas pump

I know a guy who has a 65 valiant and he calls it a Plymouth dart swinger 340 and I have tried telling him that its not but its like he looks at you like your the dumbass..stupidity is a far greater element then hydrogen.

Was filling up the bird last week, and at the gas station a fella in front of me in a white Ford pick-up says "Sharp looking Chevelle" 66/67? Before I could even get out a reply, the old guy (really old, like late 80's old) filling up a Lincoln to the side of me said Chevelle???...Hell that Mopar chew's on them like a old pack of Bazooka. Man...I couldn't stop laughing.

IM one of few people that own mopars on Vancouver island.... and mine get called mustangs and camaros all the time.....all my large b bodies are all chargers.... that's all folks around here know... about old dodges.... its a lonely world here

My 66 Belvedere has been mistaken for a Chevelle, GTO, and even an Olds 442.

It's funny when I ask for parts at a auto parts stores and the sales counter ask what year, make, and model my vehicle is. Only the old timers recognize the name Plymouth Belvedere and the young kids have no idea what one looks like. Then when I tell them the 360 came out of a 79 Dodge pickup they looked lost as to how to look up the part. I've learned to research the part # before going in. When I took the Belvedere out for its first post engine build drive, I stopped by Oreilly's next to my house, and the entire Oreillys staff came out to see it. The younger guys really digged the hell out of it, and I may have converted a few young Mopar fans. :toothy9:

Okay,
I get it now....
A Superbee is a Coronet (Dodge), from 1968 thru 1970, not a Charger untill 1971..when Dodge eliminated the Coronet line (not Superbee model) and the Superbee became a offshoot of the Charger....!

Perhaps you should have told the "double digit I.Q. gentleman" that....

As Johnny Mathis was sang: "I can see clearly now the rain has gone..."

My 70 Superbee has been mistaken as a:
1. Roadrunner
2. Chevelle
3. GTO

My 66 Belvedere has been mistaken for a Chevelle, GTO, and even an Olds 442.

It's funny when I ask for parts at a auto parts stores and the sales counter ask what year, make, and model my vehicle is. Only the old timers recognize the name Plymouth Belvedere and the young kids have no idea what one looks like. Then when I tell them the 360 came out of a 79 Dodge pickup they looked lost as to how to look up the part. I've learned to research the part # before going in. When I took the Belvedere out for its first post engine build drive, I stopped by Oreilly's next to my house, and the entire Oreillys staff came out to see it. The younger guys really digged the hell out of it, and I may have converted a few young Mopar fans. :toothy9:

Ive gone into get part before and just to see if they know there stuff I say i need part for a 70 superbee most of the time they say what VW is it.

Plenty of those people out there. Years ago I was in a gas station with my 60 Phoenix and had a guy ask me "What year Cadillac is that?" I said, "It is a 1960 but it is a Dodge Dart Phoenix." He says, "Huh, I wonder why Pontiac let Dodge use that name." I said, I dunno but I'm thinking it would have been the other way around. He walked away shaking his head.

Okay,
I get it now....
A Superbee is a Coronet (Dodge), from 1968 thru 1970, not a Charger untill 1971..when Dodge eliminated the Coronet line (not Superbee model) and the Superbee became a offshoot of the Charger....!

Perhaps you should have told the "double digit I.Q. gentleman" that....

As Johnny Mathis was sang: "I can see clearly now the rain has gone..."

My 70 Superbee has been mistaken as a:
1. Roadrunner
2. Chevelle
3. GTO

Oh no! Say it isn't so!:icon_cyclops: I wonder what I have then if Dodge didn't make Coronets after 1971? :icon_winkle: It was funny when I arranged with my insurance carrier to cover my new 1974 Dodge Coronet. What kind of car is that she says in her clueless way. Dodge Coronet ma'am C-O-R-O-N-E-T. Oh I understand now she giggled. Of course when I received my new insurance cards they told me I was now the proud owner of a 1974 Dode Coorinette. I give up.:icon_fU:

1974 Dodge Coronet 2a Clear.jpg

Well, just imagine us if we for some insane reason we wanted to compliment some import dude on his ride. :)

"Hey, nice, ah, Honda whatchmacallit you got there."

"That's an Acura something or other you dumbass!"

"Yeah. Whatever. Sorry but your car just isn't interesting enough to me to really care what it is. Have a groovy day." :)

People know enough to know our cars are cool and to find them interesting enough to ask about, but don't have a clue what they are.

Well, just imagine us if we for some insane reason we wanted to compliment some import dude on his ride. :)

"Yeah. Whatever. Sorry but your car just isn't interesting enough to me to really care what it is. Have a groovy day." :)
Don't think I've ever complimented anyone's rice burner lol

Don't think I've ever complimented anyone's rice burner lol

Me neither, but that's what it would be like. :) For me, any import is classified as a "Honda" just like a lot of people classify any old Mopar as a "Charger" thanks to the Duke Boys.

People know enough to know our cars are cool and to find them interesting enough to ask about, but don't have a clue what they are.

Ya know .. that's exactly right.

They like it but are not into what we are into and not everyone is a Mopar guy or gal or even really into cars. They just like them and that's pretty cool.

The stories we all have are pretty funny and cool though. I like Propwash's the best :)

Auto Transport Service
Back