• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conventional manual transmission oil

rww124

Local time
1:35 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of or used Harvest King conventional 90W API GL 4 gear oil in there A833 4 speeds and if yes what is your opinion of it's quality when used in a 1960s Muscle Car?

Go to 11:20 for conversation and flow testing
Go to 19:40 for a recommendation

Go to 11:20 for conversation and flow testing
Go to 19:40 for a recommendation

I watched this U Tube video last night where the final recommendation was Driven Go/Joe Gibb conventional GL 4 however this oil is very expensive and will run you $200+ CAD to fill your A833. At this point looking to see if there may be a lesser expensive alternate GL 4 conventional manual transmission oil that will work just as well. In the U Tube video the person does mention that he has used the Driven Go in his race cars. As the majority of members on this site use their classic cars as daily if not weekend cruisers I have to ask if the Driven Go is far exceeding the requirements of the transmission's use.

Found on Walmart.ca on-line shopping: Valvoline 773732 conventional Gear Oil.

NWMDC.jpg
As recommended by Brewer's Performance....

Depends somewhat on your location/ambient temperatures. I've used 50w motor oil, ATF, as well as 90w. They all work. How many miles are you going to put on this transmission anyway?
Mike

You could use gl4 80 90 until you decide on a more custom mixture

Auto Transport Service
Back