• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crankcase gear oil capacity A833

rww124

Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
Could someone please tell me how many U.S. quarts/pints a 1969 A833 4 speed transmission takes (both dry fill and re fill). My operators manual says 9 U.S. pints or 7 1/2 Imperial pints however a friend's operators manual says 7 1/2 pints without any reference to U.S or Imperial. My operators manual also states an A833 4 speed in a car with a 318 CI engine requires 8 U.S. or 6 3/4 Imperial pints of gear oil. From what I have read starting in 1969 up until the mid 1970s Mopar only used one crankcase with their A833s C99129 which is the casting number on my A833. Thank you.

Just fill it up to the plug hole !!!
I know this however why I'm asking about the quantity requirements is I want to know how much to order so that I don't have any full/unopened containers sitting on my shelf collecting dust.

Where do you live that you have to "order" them ?!?!

Could someone please tell me how many U.S. quarts/pints a 1969 A833 4 speed transmission takes (both dry fill and re fill). My operators manual says 9 U.S. pints or 7 1/2 Imperial pints however a friend's operators manual says 7 1/2 pints without any reference to U.S or Imperial. My operators manual also states an A833 4 speed in a car with a 318 CI engine requires 8 U.S. or 6 3/4 Imperial pints of gear oil. From what I have read starting in 1969 up until the mid 1970s Mopar only used one crankcase with their A833s C99129 which is the casting number on my A833. Thank you.
I just refilled mine and it took 4.5 quarts

Order 4.5 US quarts and call it done. If it has any in it, you may have a few ounces left, if its dry that will be enough even if it doesn't come out the fill hole.

Go down st Mary's road to Walmart?

Where do you live that you have to "order" them ?!?!
Winnipeg. None of the speed shops stock Driven Go/Joe Gibb as I want strictly API GL 4 conventional gear oil.

Well excuse me !! The **** from Canadian Tire was always good enough for my hemi box !!

Called Can. Tire and they had no GL 4 conventional.
You expect an employee at CTC to know what that is... seriously. Most anything works, just don't put hypoid in it.

beerestoration2017 1998.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back