• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cool stuff for sale, 426W car and marine engine *** not mine***

Nate S

Local time
5:13 PM
Reaction score
Stumbled across these on Facebook marketplace near Worcester MA

"I am selling my beloved 426 wedge car. It is in original condition. I drove this car for a number of years and am longer using it. I hate to see it sit idle. I have original build sheet and many parts that can go with it. Run and drives, need brakes looked at. This is an original four door , four speed , 426 wedge car, $6500"
65 fury1.jpg

65 fury2.jpg

And then....

426 wedge Marine engine with original dual quads. $3000 "I believe it to be a 1964. Purchased years ago for a Max Wedge build but never got to it. Was told it had low hours and never apart. Rare find. Located in Leicester, Mass. Call John 774-535-1O76"
marine 426w 2.jpg
marine 426w 3.jpg
marine 4261.jpg

If engine was used in saltwater beware. Friend took the water cooling parts gave me the rest of two 413's. Blocks were rotted heads had flakes of rust. The good parts adjustable rockers and a forged crank.

Last edited:
The Fury 4 door 4 speed and Black paint would be worth restoring be it that not many may have been made.
The C Bodies boys will love it !
In 1976 we found one that was Red with a automatic.Complete running and driving car for $100.Yep, pulled the engine and used the short block for a 64 Savoy Max Wedge build.Yes, those were the days.......

Don't some marine engines rotate in the opposite direction?

The Plymouth would be cool. 4x4 :thumbsup:

There's been several race car owners that would order 4 door 4 spds to haul their crew around. Bet it has a trailer hitch on it. People would go for the 4 spd for that purpose also.

Yes reverse rotation, dist and piece to keep dist drive in place. Dist on left and piece on left.
md.jpg

Yes reverse rotation, dist and piece to keep dist drive in place. Dist on left and piece on left.
View attachment 994388

I believe the cam, oil pump and knurling on the crankshaft seal area is different, if it's a reverse engine. The one listed could be a regular rotation just wouldn't want one used in salt water.

Was looking at that also. Think it is a reverse, no biggie my 440 was one. Change the distrib, cam and lifters oil pump of course and polish the rear seal area on the crank and you are good to go. Prob would have to do it all anyhow. Of course all the bolt ons are different.

Auto Transport Service
Back