• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coolant water frozen - what next?

So it could've been water, oil, or antifreeze. Either you get lucky and manhandle it. Or you crash.
Doug
was anti freeze , this guy had been known to tear 4 speed shifters uo in the past , he definitly could man handle it...
you hit antifreeze on the top end , well over a hundred mph , and still pulling hard , see if you can manhandle it

BSB67 if your gonna give me a Red X could do us all the courtesy of explaining what you don't agree with..

I would never give you, or anyone a Red X, at least not intentionally. Must have fat fingered it scrolling on my phone.

I would never give you, or anyone a Red X, at least not intentionally. Must have fat fingered it scrolling on my phone.
That's what I figured... Kinda hard to disagree with memories of my pop...
Far as I'm concerned, feel free to give me an X if I deserve one... Just have the respect to explain why you disagree.....

That's what I figured... Kinda hard to disagree with memories of my pop...
Far as I'm concerned, feel free to give me an X if I deserve one... Just have the respect to explain why you disagree.....
I think most know that I’m no stranger to disagreeing. Just no point in throwing the Red X.

was anti freeze , this guy had been known to tear 4 speed shifters uo in the past , he definitly could man handle it...
you hit antifreeze on the top end , well over a hundred mph , and still pulling hard , see if you can manhandle it
The worst I've personally run through? 7 quarts of trans fluid on the brakes just past the stripe at Mid Michigan. There is a rut in the shutdown in the right lane. I have to move over towards the center a bit to stay out of it. So that put the right tires right in the mess. It was a very quick release of the brake, gentle movement of the wheel to straighten up, and gentle brake at the end. The timeslip was 148. How do I know it was 7 quarts? I repaired the car that dropped the fluid.
Doug

The worst I've personally run through? 7 quarts of trans fluid on the brakes just past the stripe at Mid Michigan. There is a rut in the shutdown in the right lane. I have to move over towards the center a bit to stay out of it. So that put the right tires right in the mess. It was a very quick release of the brake, gentle movement of the wheel to straighten up, and gentle brake at the end. The timeslip was 148. How do I know it was 7 quarts? I repaired the car that dropped the fluid.
Doug
under full power would definitly be a diff senario

This past weekend I got coolant and oil/filter back in the motor/radiator and fired her up. Started and idled nicely and the oil stayed oil.

Coolant system pressure check will be this coming weekend.

PS- used DadsBee’s oil filter draining tray idea and WOW, so much cleaner now!! Oil drained straight to the bucket and only a drop or two on K frame.

This past weekend I got coolant and oil/filter back in the motor/radiator and fired her up. Started and idled nicely and the oil stayed oil.

Coolant system pressure check will be this coming weekend.

PS- used DadsBee’s oil filter draining tray idea and WOW, so much cleaner now!! Oil drained straight to the bucket and only a drop or two on K frame.
That's good to hear.

Coolant system pressure check passed at a holding steady 16psi.

Auto Transport Service
Back