• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

coronet440 1968 México

coronet68mx

Local time
1:36 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys as some of you who read my previous tread i am the proud owner af a 1968 coronet 440 built in México i beguin my restoration by disassemble the car and so i did, after that, i decide that the next part of my proyect would be the front and so i begin with the sand blasting of the car but it the weather is rainy in here and so the front is rusty again so i have to start over again, i check the car this week and nothing to be too woried about only superficial rust but i have to start over and am planning to do it again this sunday, more pics about my progress too

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg
i need to reinforce this area

DSC_0153.jpg
the body is straight no hits or dents
DSC_0157 (1).jpg

DSC_0158.jpg

i need help i can´t remove the torsion bars and the k frame

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

the previous owner (an idiot) make a hole in the hood and
paint the car is this horrible colors and now is useless
am gonna need a new one
DSC_0156.jpg

ok any suggestions about my work are accepted any coments that can help me are most welcome guys more pics soon

Attachments

• DSC_0158 (1).jpg
    DSC_0158 (1).jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC_0159.jpg
    DSC_0159.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 162
I think the first thing you might do is after you start over, get a layer of epoxy primer on it so it doesn't rust again after sand blasting stuff... Sounds like a cool project but outside in the weather will give you a bunch of problems for sure...

I think the first thing you might do is after you start over, get a layer of epoxy primer on it so it doesn't rust again after sand blasting stuff... Sounds like a cool project but outside in the weather will give you a bunch of problems for sure...

Thanx Ron i"ll do what you recomend me the next couple of weeks good luck with your road runner i"ll keep you posted.

Auto Transport Service
Back