• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct factory radio for a 1969 Super Bee

rww124

Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
Greetings. I have a question about the pictured radio. Does this look like the factory radio that would come in a 1969 Super Bee? Thank you in advance. If it is I plan on taking out the aftermarket radio and putting the factory one back in.

IMG_2023-11-24-22-40-12-017.jpg

IMG_2023-11-24-22-39-05-182.jpg

IMG_2023-11-24-22-40-45-266.jpg

What make is your car ? That's your answer. Yours should be DODGE.

Show me one....
I've seen radios that say Plymouth on the tuner face... Not Dodge... The radio posted says Chrysler... But I've never seen a Chrysler B body & that's clearly a B body radio...

Show me one....
I've seen radios that say Plymouth on the tuner face... Not Dodge... The radio posted says Chrysler... But I've never seen a Chrysler B body & that's clearly a B body radio...
Ok look at this, now you have seen one.

From what I understand is that 1968 b bodies had dodge or plymouth on the face, and the 1969’s all said Chrysler on the face.

Canada? Not an expert, word on the street is the chryco parts are over the counter north of the border, not from the factory in the car.

E1E19F42-EE70-4202-B1A8-A6070FE30B90.jpeg

7CBB496E-51EA-49EA-BE4C-1E112F346E3C.png

Well, Cool... My 68 is gonna say Chrysler... When I got it the radio in the dash said Chrysler & when I found an NOS radio it also said Chrysler... Won't ne loosing any sleep over it...

So because it says Chrysler below the station numbers this radio came out of a Chrysler and not a Dodge therefore not the original radio to the car.

So because it says Chrysler below the station numbers this radio came out of a Chrysler and not a Dodge therefore not the original radio to the car.
Might want to go back and re-read the posts above.... Your Bee is a 69... The radio is correct...

Sold in Canada.. NO...
View attachment 1563135

If sold in the USA it would say Dodge AFIAK...
The person I purchased my Super Bee from bought it from another person in Regina who had the car restored. This individual purchased the B from his brother's girlfriend where her father passed the car down to her. If all of this is true them I strongly assume my Super Bee was sold in Regina Canada. In another post from a member of B Bodies they stated that since the car is a Dodge it should say Dodge on the radio's faceplate. I recently browsed a Mopar A.M. radion
Might want to go back and re-read the posts above.... Your Bee is a 69... The radio is correct...
I did re read the posts and there are varying opinions on what is correct or not. One says because my car is a 1969 Dodge the faceplate should say Dodge while others say a 1969 Dodge's faceplate could say Plymouth, Dodge or Chrysler and still be the factory radio. There was an A.M. radio that sold on B Bodies that had Chrysler on the nameplate and was correct for any Chrysler product, Dodge and Plymouth included. From what I have been told by the previous owner my 69 Super Bee was sold in Regina Canada.

Safe to say that the Dodge or Chrysler would be acceptable.....doubting they ever originally put a Plymouth one in a Dodge .... Unless somebody replaced it later on in life!!

Most 69 b body Dodge cars has an AM that said "Chrysler." I'm willing to bet there was a bit of variance by which factory put it together. Lynch Road always did stuff a bit different, west coast suppliers may be different than east coast, etc.

Last edited:
The Dodge version came in my 69 Bee, Plymouth version came in my 69 RR, and the Chrysler was with a 69 Charger I once owned. Although, who knows if they were swapped before I bought the cars.

20231125_074927.jpg

20231125_075202.jpg

20231125_074934.jpg

Just a side question; I don't want to derail thread. One of the posters referred to face on Canadian radios, so my question is; were SuperBees and RoadRunners that sold in Canada built at Windsor? I thought these cars were all built in U.S.

Not necessarily. I go off my memory from those days, not books like many do. My memory could be off, but then again, they installed what ever was on the assembly line .

Just a side question; I don't want to derail thread. One of the posters referred to face on Canadian radios, so my question is; were SuperBees and RoadRunners that sold in Canada built at Windsor? I thought these cars were all built in U.S.
No, rr's were built in Windsor. Where they were sold, you ask ? [shrugs shoulders]

Show me one....
I said "should" not "must" .

The person I purchased my Super Bee from bought it from another person in Regina who had the car restored. This individual purchased the B from his brother's girlfriend where her father passed the car down to her. If all of this is true them I strongly assume my Super Bee was sold in Regina Canada. In another post from a member of B Bodies they stated that since the car is a Dodge it should say Dodge on the radio's faceplate. I recently browsed a Mopar A.M. radion

I did re read the posts and there are varying opinions on what is correct or not. One says because my car is a 1969 Dodge the faceplate should say Dodge while others say a 1969 Dodge's faceplate could say Plymouth, Dodge or Chrysler and still be the factory radio. There was an A.M. radio that sold on B Bodies that had Chrysler on the nameplate and was correct for any Chrysler product, Dodge and Plymouth included. From what I have been told by the previous owner my 69 Super Bee was sold in Regina Canada.
As I noted in my first reply, if the car was built for sale in Canada... the radio would / should/ could say CHRYCO on the face plate. Note the 2678 date code...
beerestoration2015-2016 744.JPG
beerestoration2015-2016 745.JPG

Last edited:
I have a 68 superbee dash with radio name plate chrysler solid state .

Interesting Philips built Mopar radios in the late 1960s. I have probably repaired 500 Mopar radios in my lifetime and all of the B Body radios were either Motorola or Bendix manufactured. Never saw a Mopar radio by Philips until the E Body AM FM (and they were not great radios).

Auto Transport Service
Back