• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correcting Mopar Valvetrain Geometry

PROSTOCKTOM

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:07 AM
Reaction score
Like most of us I always try to advance my knowledge to insure my engines are built the best possible way. While I am aware that rocker systems like a Mopar uses require shimming to get a correct sweep on the valve tips I wasn't fully immersed in some of the other aspects that also need addressing. I ran across a series of tech articles from B3 Racing that I think every Mopar guy should read and fully understand. The outcome from following the information provided would be increased performance, less parts breakage, and elimination of guys grinding on rocker arm bodies to clear retainers. Hope you all gain some knowledge from reading the articles.

B3 Racing Engines LLC - Mopar Rocker Arm Geometry Tech

Tom

I've read them all, communicated with Michael, and insisted my builder use the B3E T&D custom TF270 specific rocker arms.
I am 100% sold on the tech, concept, and application!

Been running the B3 set up for over 6k street strip miles.
Yeah, my builder has gone along with me and I'm going to have my way and get the B3E setup by buying from B3E, but I need hot lash specs and cam lobe lift for B3E to know how to tweak the rockers. Update. Just got my cam info.

Last edited:
Hard to argue with a "sweep" pattern like this. I've been running Mike's kit for about 4500 miles, (TF240's), very happy with it. Followed his directions for pushrod setup, and have fairly well minimized "in-out" movement on that side as well. .584/.596 Ultradyne SFT.

20210628_125118.jpg

Hard to argue with a "sweep" pattern like this. I've been running Mike's kit for about 4500 miles, (TF240's), very happy with it. Followed his directions for pushrod setup, and have fairly well minimized "in-out" movement on that side as well. .584/.596 Ultradyne SFT.

View attachment 1300110
That's outstanding. I got my cam specs today and a firm commitment from my builder to go along with the rocker arms from B3E. Peace of mind is the least I will get, but I suggested that my builder may like the results.

Auto Transport Service
Back