• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

i haven't reported on my health for a few weeks because it's been all bad. May be better today.

SteveSS

Local time
6:08 AM
Reaction score
After the terrible pain from the kidney stones and their removal, they sent me home with a catheter and a stent. I thought I was all good, get the cath out in a few days then the stent a few days later. That went okay but then couldn't pee. Excruciating pain from not peeing and went into the urology clinic first thing Monday morning because I didn't want another ER visit. They put the catheter back in and I was supposed to wait a week. After a few days, I was again in terrible pain and running a fever of 102.8. I went to my local urgent care and they sent me back to the hospital ER. After waiting forever they got me in. New catheter and for days and days it was pain, pain pills, and different drugs, especially antibiotics. I had days with a fever of 103.8. I've been in for the last 6 days and finally made it home tonight with a new catheter. I hope they've identified the infection and I'll start getting well now. Cross your fingers.

Sorry to hear of your horrible experiences. Thoughts and well-wishes for your quick and full recuperation. Get well soon, hope you continually feel better !

My brother has had extremely similar experiences , sounds like the worst thing ever.
It will end, but how long. Stay strong.

I hope you start feeling better sir. I personally have never had them. My neighbor/friend had them this year and bud, I know what he went through. I helped him and his wife with everything I could, he was in excruciating pain and it knocked him down. They did the disintegrating thing and they didn’t get them all. My thoughts are with you and I hope they get it straightened out! Take it easy and take care!

Sorry to learn of the bad news, Steve.
I know that ailments that come along at our age tends to pick away at our confidence and self esteem. Dealing with reduced stamina during recovery periods is demeaning. I've had moments where I have thought Is this how it is going to be from now on?
With time and medical care, you'll get through this and feel like 2022 Steve again.

Sorry to hear. I hope you heal up and feel better very soon!

After the terrible pain from the kidney stones and their removal, they sent me home with a catheter and a stent. I thought I was all good, get the cath out in a few days then the stent a few days later. That went okay but then couldn't pee. Excruciating pain from not peeing and went into the urology clinic first thing Monday morning because I didn't want another ER visit. They put the catheter back in and I was supposed to wait a week. After a few days, I was again in terrible pain and running a fever of 102.8. I went to my local urgent care and they sent me back to the hospital ER. After waiting forever they got me in. New catheter and for days and days it was pain, pain pills, and different drugs, especially antibiotics. I had days with a fever of 103.8. I've been in for the last 6 days and finally made it home tonight with a new catheter. I hope they've identified the infection and I'll start getting well now. Cross your fingers.
I hope that you get well quickly! Just the last month, I had a bladder infection that almost turned to sepsis. It made me feel how fragile that my life really is.

Hang in there Steve! Here's to hoping you start feeling better today man, sincerely. Thanks for the update.

Sounds like no fun at all.
Follow doctor's orders and get better fast!

Damn infection can be hard to get over.
Glad your getting the meds you need.
Remember to drink plenty of water and eat well.
Don't let yourself get to to run down.

Wow, it sounds nasty. Hope you get well soon.

Hopefully they have it figured out and you can be on the mend soon!

Will you be needing any extra special care ? Maybe someone like >
1692331678831.png
to help you along ?

I pray good health finds you soon Sir!

Auto Transport Service
Back