• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cragar SS designs and the round spokes.

I don't see any added value to the look of the car. Sometimes it helps to look at thinks from a 'distance'. I just did. No difference for the better. I think it's a kind of personal mind **** so to speak. Gragar fetish?
Then a lot of people has that problem with their mind as I met and talked to lots of people hunting the round-spokes when I searched for mine. :)

Love them on my '64. Staggered, 15" in the rear and 14" up front

20210320_131732.jpg

Nothing special. Proportion rear wheels total out of wack. Devaluates a classic car. Doesn't make any sense of all. Just saying.

I don't see any added value to the look of the car. Sometimes it helps to look at thinks from a 'distance'. I just did. No difference for the better. I think it's a kind of personal mind **** so to speak. Gragar fetish?
Attend the Bilderberg Conference's lately ???

Then a lot of people has that problem with their mind as I met and talked to lots of people hunting the round-spokes when I searched for mine. :)
It's just a hamburger everyone eats. Nothing special. Certainly not a 'personal' touch. Just a mass product for the mainstream masses I think. Not any wow factor of some kind. Just saying. Maybe someone will scratch his head before pumping money into a set of Cragars. But if a mopar man desperately needs Gragars, well be my guest and join the club!

Last edited:
From a distance nobody will ever see the rounded spokes. And hunting is the niciest thing about owning a Mopar. That's for sure!

It's just a hamburger everyone eats. Nothing special. Certainly not a 'personal' touch. Just a mass product for the mainstream masses I think. Not any wow factor of some kind. Just saying. Maybe someone will scratch his head before pumping money into a set of Gragars. But if a mopar man desperately needs Gragars, well be my guest and join the club!
Well, I agree to disagree.

I had the original design since back in the early 70’s. When I restored the car they needed replacing because of a long siesta in a pole barn in the upper Midwest. So I bought a whole new set. I had no idea there was a design change and didn’t sit there and compare apples to “apples”. To me they were the exact same thing. It was just a few weeks ago I think the OP also brought this issue up - and someone put up that pic of the changes. That was the first I ever had any idea there were changes. It really didn’t matter to me - I think the Cragar look on American muscle is timeless - nothing less for my X.

I can see it from miles away. To think that I would waste time and money on something not noticeable is quite unintelligent. Goodnight grandpa.
I know a man's happiness can be achieved in very small details, nobody will ever notice. It's not what you see... It's what people see when they see the car. 'Eh, you already had these rims.. not?' Well kinda, but now I have round spokes'...

It's just a hamburger everyone eats. Nothing special. Certainly not a 'personal' touch. Just a mass product for the mainstream masses I think. Not any wow factor of some kind. Just saying. Maybe someone will scratch his head before pumping money into a set of Gragars. But if a mopar man desperately needs Gragars, well be my guest and join the club!
Grager's? Do you run a Elderbrock intake? :poke::rofl::rofl:

Day 1 & Day 2....spinners for the win!

View attachment 1577007
The nuclear of owning a classic car is day 2. 'Day 1' is keeping you up with the trends of the masses that offenly push you into a mental frenzy and as a consequence of that you may start 'fighting against the past'. In that whirl wind you get disoriented and you sometimes don't know what to do anymore. Move to more bling bling? Wider tires? Bigger rims? More horsepower? (modern) Color change? Lowder exhaust output? More chrome under the hood? More edelbroCk? More Champion? More muscle? Even more China? Extra emblems? What about my cooling system? and much much more. Each 'upgrade' provides lesser and lesser added value to the whole basic purpose of a classic car. If you then step aside and look what happened, you possibly see that you have been boosting your feelings of happiness, by first creating a desire and then fullfilling them in a perpetual cycle of change. You then discover that there is a boss over boss somewhere and the flame of a new desires may creep up again. Just a Saturday morning thought before Christmas breaks out.

Last edited:
The nuclear of owning a classic car is day 2. 'Day 1' is keeping you up with the trends of the masses that offenly push you into a mental frenzy and as a consequence of that you may start 'fighting against the past'. In that whirl wind you get disoriented and you sometimes don't know what to do anymore. Move to more bling bling? Wider tires? Bigger rims? More horsepower? (modern) Color change? Lowder exhaust output? More chrome under the hood? More edelbroCk? More Champion? More muscle? Even more China? Extra emblems? What about my cooling system? and much much more. Each 'upgrade' provides lesser and lesser added value to the whole basic purpose of a classic car. If you then step aside and look what happened, you possibly see that you have been boosting your feelings of happiness, by first creating a desire and then fullfilling them in a perpetual cycle of change. You then discover that there is a boss over boss somewhere and the flame of a new desires may creep up again. Just a Saturday morning thought before Christmas breaks out.
Day one: as it rolled off the show room floor.

Day two: bolt on components that owners installed on their cars personalizing them soon after they took delivery.

I like survivor cars that are original and have survived. If you are lucky enough to find one I prefer they are left that way. I don't have any issue with Day 2 mods that can be easily taken back to Day one. It captures a moment in time as well.
But, most our cars the original engines are long gone, fender tags are gone, original rims were hub caps and skinny 14" tires. Many of the muscle cars manufactures WANTED the owner to do some modifications that they as the company could not do...It helped them sell cars!
I am glad you you can enjoy a slant 6 3 on the tree, hub cap car that has poor brakes and restored as such. Not my thing..(but I still have a appreciation for them)...and I will enjoy driving the stroked big block that runs good on todays gas and stops, and actually accelerates.
As for appearance...it is personal preference. Your opinion is your opinion. My opinion cragars look great on A LOT of cars. 1965 Darts they were a factory option. Dodge apparently thought they looked sharp too!

Screenshot_20231220_195912_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231220_195900_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Day two: bolt on components that owners installed on their cars personalizing them.

I like survivor cars that are original and have survived. If you are lucky enough to find one I prefer they are left that way. I don't have any issue with Day 2 mods that can be easily taken back to Day one. It captures a moment in time as well.
But, most our cars the original engines are long gone, fender tags are gone, original rims were hub caps and skinny 14" tires. Many of the muscle cars manufactures WANTED the owner to do some modifications that they as the company could not do...It helped them sell cars!
I am glad you you can enjoy a slant 6 3 on the tree, hub cap car that has poor brakes and restored as such. Not my thing..(but I still have a appreciation for them)...and I will enjoy driving the stroked big block that runs good on todays gas and stops, and actually accelerates.
As for appearance...it is personal preference. Your opinion is your opinion. My opinion cragars look great on A LOT of cars. 1965 Darts they were a factory option. Dodge apparently thought they looked sharp too!

View attachment 1578155

View attachment 1578156
Yep, it's never good enough to satisfy your desires. That's what brochures are all about. You have the upgrade or renew perpetually and follow the trends that are created for you. There is always something the will spark a new desire... especially if a beautiful woman is presented in the brochure... You might buy yourself an even happier wife or new girlfriend as a side catch.

Day two: bolt on components that owners installed on their cars personalizing them.

View attachment 1578155

View attachment 1578156
The day 1 and day 2 philosophy exists, but it's the other way around as you describe it. Probably you weren't aware of this philosophy that is first described by Jef Bezos. 'A company with a Day 1 mentality will insist upon constant iteration and experimentation. They will foster curiosity. They will embrace, explore, and be inspired by external trends all around them. Day 2 is stasis'. Or is other words day 2 is just freezing the time capsule and restore it perpetually.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back