• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Craigslist gets greedy...

just was surfing cl,the volume is way down,at least in my areas of search.
someone posted quite accurately that you are paying 5 bucks for like the first day at most of being near the top of the lists.
then your ad has far less chance of being seen unless specifically searched for.

i do a Lot of posting up ads for other older people i know locally.
some dont have pc-s,others dont want to learn.
every one of them has been getting their stuff sold just fine with the Fb marketplace.

again,id like to recommend the Mopar Swap Meet /group on fb.
theres some great deals on that group.
give it a look and see what you think.

plus,theres the free stuff.
you could get everything from Good lumber and building materials to cars.
thats now over because how many people are gonna pay 5 bucks just to list free stuff?
you gotta give them your cc/personal info,and thats gonna make people think twice too.
i mean,cl was the Home of daisy does deals for a dollar,how secure are they lol ??
Cl really shot itself in the foot.

just was surfing cl,the volume is way down,at least in my areas of search.
someone posted quite accurately that you are paying 5 bucks for like the first day at most of being near the top of the lists.
then your ad has far less chance of being seen unless specifically searched for.

i do a Lot of posting up ads for other older people i know locally.
some dont have pc-s,others dont want to learn.
every one of them has been getting their stuff sold just fine with the Fb marketplace.

again,id like to recommend the Mopar Swap Meet /group on fb.
theres some great deals on that group.
give it a look and see what you think.

plus,theres the free stuff.
you could get everything from Good lumber and building materials to cars.
thats now over because how many people are gonna pay 5 bucks just to list free stuff?
you gotta give them your cc/personal info,and thats gonna make people think twice too.
i mean,cl was the Home of daisy does deals for a dollar,how secure are they lol ??
Cl really shot itself in the foot.
Free stuff isn't part of the chargeable listings. This is from their site this morning:

All craigslist postings are free, except for:

steep prices for listings.
ty for that list tho,
i hadnt seen that and am wondering why cl hasnt been sending this out to the registered members like myself.
i have had an account with cl longer than i can recall.

i should probably correct my earlier posts as well.
turns out the Fb group is actually called Mopar Swap Shop
some moron managed to mess that translation up twice even :rolleyes:

but im mentioning it again!
because of the gems and deals.
check this out..
for those of you missing your factory original 440 for 1971.
warranty block fresh machined from shop,comes with caps only,selling for 500 bucks.
no vin // blank pad.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Mop...89362212&notif_t=group_r2j_approved&ref=notif

in case the link doesnt work
heres a copy n paste of the ad.
A7gA5sQ2a0Ih9MgHvKxw5c50J_sD8h1UVK4gVKyzLL4-mF1KdZx4nK2_i1KAY7ZH_plnZNv6A&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

Brandon Thornberry
Mopar Swap Shop.
on Wednesday
440 bigblock
$500
I have a big block chrysler 440 fresh block out of the machine shop has caps its a 71 block standard bore ready for pistons and your choice of crank it has no vin number on the block so it is a warranty block

I just was going to list a crap car up for parts
now I will call one of the buy all cars ads and just be rid of it.
I can't complain much as they make my life much easier..
now I have a excuse not to deal with the bullshit...

Nobody wants your junk anyway !!! :poke:

Auto Transport Service
Back