• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ever Wondered What Paperwork The Dealer Kept For Your Road Runner?

tallzag

Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
Well here is your chance to see what paperwork the dealer had when you ordered your muscle car in 1970. This is a video of a folder from a closed down Chrysler Plymouth dealer called Duarte and Witting in Martinez, California. I have traveled all over the country trying to find this stuff and it just fascinates me. How dealers ordered cars, what percentage were performance cars, mistakes made along the way, etc etc. If anybody knows of any dealers that have been around forever ask them if they have any of this stuff. Can't tell you how many times we have gotten to a dealer and just been told "just threw it all away". Chrysler only has records pre-1967 so this stuff is the only record of most of these cars. Hope you all enjoy the video!

Thanks, cool video. I'd like to contact him about my '63 CA Fury - just in case - I don't know the dealership it came from and no badging was on it when I got it in '95.

Great Video .... Does the term "Sold Car" mean? some one went into the dealer and ordered it?

Correct - means it was ordered directly by a dealer so customer ordered or ordered by the dealer. For example this Road Runner was ordered by the dealer at the start of the year and not by a customer but it’s still a “sold” car.

Correct - means it was ordered directly by a dealer so customer ordered or ordered by the dealer. For example this Road Runner was ordered by the dealer at the start of the year and not by a customer but it’s still a “sold” car.
Dealers often mark them as sold on the order sheet. It can expedite the build time. They were supposed to only check the box on bona fide sales. Checking that box sometimes comes back to bite a dealer when it really was not a sold car.

Thanks for the video, tallzag - cool stuff!

Well here is your chance to see what paperwork the dealer had when you ordered your muscle car in 1970. This is a video of a folder from a closed down Chrysler Plymouth dealer called Duarte and Witting in Martinez, California. I have traveled all over the country trying to find this stuff and it just fascinates me. How dealers ordered cars, what percentage were performance cars, mistakes made along the way, etc etc. If anybody knows of any dealers that have been around forever ask them if they have any of this stuff. Can't tell you how many times we have gotten to a dealer and just been told "just threw it all away". Chrysler only has records pre-1967 so this stuff is the only record of most of these cars. Hope you all enjoy the video!

Hey Tom. Love you and Jamies' stuff on YT and am subscribed to both your channels. :thumbsup:

I have a 61 Fury that has plate frames from that dealer?
Do you have paperwork going back to 61 from that dealer?

Next time you’re down here I will give these from Zumwalt CP NorCal.
70 383 RR
66 hemi Belvedere
68 hemi RR

IMG_8499.jpeg

My '69 GTX has a unique history, being ordered as a dealer's personal car. He kept it 15 years, not taken off the floor plan until 1972, and then titled with the dealership as legal owner of record. So it ran on dealer plates for 15 years. I have all the documents you described, kept in his office desk drawer until he passed in 1988, and then kept by his son until they were passed on to me. It was a Y14 "sold car" on the window sticker, as well as a Y13 "dealer demonstrator." I'm guessing this GTX might have stayed "unsold" longer than any other.

Last edited:
Given your travels, did you by chance obtain any records from mopar dealerships in southern CA, perhaps around Pasadena? I'm going to go back to what records I have on my car in case there's something I missed identifying the dealer. Haven't looked at them for years; but was told that's where the car came from. Still had CA plates and title when I got it in '95. Likely grabbing at straws, but if there might be some chance obtaining dealer records that'd be nice.

@tallzag, would you happen to have paperwork for WP27LOG109872 My 70 Coronet convertible was sold in California. I don't know the dealership, but it's worth asking nonetheless. To my knowledge, the car spent most of its life in Riverside California. Many thanks for the work you do, it is fascinating stuff.

Given your travels, did you by chance obtain any records from mopar dealerships in southern CA, perhaps around Pasadena? I'm going to go back to what records I have on my car in case there's something I missed identifying the dealer. Haven't looked at them for years; but was told that's where the car came from. Still had CA plates and title when I got it in '95. Likely grabbing at straws, but if there might be some chance obtaining dealer records that'd be nice.
Haven’t found anything in LA so far. Problem down there is the real-estate is so valuable this stuff never sits around in attics, buildings get sold or torn down for something else.

@tallzag, would you happen to have paperwork for WP27LOG109872 My 70 Coronet convertible was sold in California. I don't know the dealership, but it's worth asking nonetheless. To my knowledge, the car spent most of its life in Riverside California. Many thanks for the work you do, it is fascinating stuff.
As said in my other comment don’t have much from the LA area.

One of my Challengers was sold at Grand Spaulding Dodge, and I was able to buy its sales folder from Larry Weiner in the late 90s when he’d partnered with Mr Norm to organize and sell the stuff he had stored away after shutting down.
Invaluable stuff to have for my car!

One of my Challengers was sold at Grand Spaulding Dodge, and I was able to buy its sales folder from Larry Weiner in the late 90s when he’d partnered with Mr Norm to organize and sell the stuff he had stored away after shutting down.
Invaluable stuff to have for my car!
Does he by chance have other records from Grand Spaulding? My cousin ordered and purchased his ’64 Polara 426/4sp from there.

Dad's dodge (4).jpg

Does he by chance have other records from Grand Spaulding? My cousin ordered and purchased his ’64 Polara 426/4sp from there.

View attachment 1581349
I’m not sure if they salvaged all of Mr Norms sales records or just ones from a certain time period. The ones I’ve seen displayed over the years have all been from the late 60s to early 70s.
But that’s the era I mostly pay attention to, so earlier ones might exist too.
He should check with Larry Weiner: MrNorms.com - Contact Info
Another email I have for him is [email protected]
Just a heads up, I’ve heard a flipper type guy bought up some of the unclaimed Mr Norms folders a few years ago for the most highly desirable cars, like hemi and six pack cars, and supposedly charges insane prices for any of those he has if anyone tries to claim.
When I bought my Challenger, the dealer sticker on the trunk was for Mr Norms but said Chicago and Buffalo Grove. Their Buffalo Grove store didn’t open until 1975. So my car was sold both new and used by Mr Norms. I haven’t heard about any of their used car folders being available though.

Auto Transport Service
Back