• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cranium you missed one--Kitty Wells

shag766

Local time
9:17 PM
Reaction score
RIP; Kitty wells. now there goes a legend, so sad but she made 92-93 yrs.
i wish

Jeez, can you find anyone more obscure???? Let's face it, country music really, really sucks and it sucked even worse back in the 1940's when she was singing lead in a jug band.

BOO!
Boo to you Richard Cranium...
Country music is 100% good ole USA.
Country is cool!
BTW: Kitty wells was the first female vocalist to have a #1 hit.
"Super-bee_ski"

first #1 c/w lady star

Do you two hayseeds really believe that this is way frikkin better.................

first off i am definitely not a hay seed. i am an old rocker probably more so than you. what we lost was a piece of history as s-b ski mentioned. jeez man you have to appreciate all venues and not just have blinders on in one direction. its all a part of our history and roots. 30-40 yrs ago when i was all over north america trucking if you wanted a good party and plenty of ladies you rooted out the best local hayseed bar and let the fun begin. yee-haw.:headbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Wqb3-Tzx0

.........than this????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Or4QGI80Y

:icon_fU:
ok

Oh, and I had no idea she was the first female vocalist with a number one hit. RIP Kitty.

I am curious as to why we must resort to name calling? There are many types of music so everyone gets something they like. Myself I am an old rocker that also likes almost all of the other types of music except songs that brag of killing police or treating women in a harmful way. Things I totally disagree with.

I suppose the next move will be to bad mouth somebody because they drive some other brand of automobile.

If we're going to be stereotyped maybe Joey should add us a confederate flag icon to the nice group he already has on here. Maybe not.

So long Miss Kitty, Thanks for the memories. R.I.P.

I'm sorry shag 766 I meant this directed at Richard.

RIP Kitty, Easy on the Hayseed talk junior.. Country no good eh... I prefer rock myself, but i don't push it on my Ma who loves the old stuff, you know, like Miss Kitty Wells... Dad taught me to play guitar with these old time greats. Our modern country music was inspired by these greats.. Awful quick to judge who should be noted as passed away and who shouldn't..

Jeez, can you find anyone more obscure???? Let's face it, country music really, really sucks and it sucked even worse back in the 1940's when she was singing lead in a jug band.

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool, then to open it and remove all doubt.:headbang::hello2:

Yeah, easy on the hayseed stuff, and now just what in the heck is wrong with the bars and stars? This threas took a nosedive quick didnit?hahahaha.

i gotta stick with out beloved Mr. Cranium.....NOTHING COMPARES TO THE WHO.....OR THE BEATLES !. that whiny old time 40's country can be buried right along side 'ol miss Kitty Wells.....and every pedal steel and lap steel guitar that ever had the misfortune of being constructed .i call it " waylon and moanin' " being a musician for over 40 years ( bass guitar,,,,,yes i can play that who tune just like Entwhistle)...country has its place,,,,but its not here !

Yeah, easy on the hayseed stuff, and now just what in the heck is wrong with the bars and stars? This threas took a nosedive quick didnit?hahahaha.

OK, I'll admit that the hayseed comment was a tad bit insulting to hicks and farm boys (but not to be confused with the Deliverance crowd), however, the fact still remains that old whiney country music is worse than fingernails on a blackboard.

:wavesmile:

Heck, I think miss Kitty out lived three quaters of the Who! I just herd Roger was at her funeral.

R.I.P. Kitty

R.I.P. Kitty... I never heard of her, but I'm not a big blue grass fan either, but to each their own... I'm really the classic rock fan, to about the mid 70's rockers, along with some spattering of Country & Western...

I'll pile on lol R.I.P. Kitty with out country music we would just be......finish the statement......

i gotta stick with out beloved Mr. Cranium.....NOTHING COMPARES TO THE WHO.....OR THE BEATLES !. that whiny old time 40's country can be buried right along side 'ol miss Kitty Wells.....and every pedal steel and lap steel guitar that ever had the misfortune of being constructed .i call it " waylon and moanin' " being a musician for over 40 years ( bass guitar,,,,,yes i can play that who tune just like Entwhistle)...country has its place,,,,but its not here !

Country was around alot longer and will be around alot longer then the crap that is out there now. You may be a musician for over 40 years but that don't mean a thing, I suppose you you like crap oh excuse me I meant rap.:upside down:. Is amazing that when I turn on the radio and still hear country on alot of stations.

I'm laughing too hard from this thread...
I particularly like the "Deliverance" quip...
That S#i! is scary...
Yeah, Country today has evolved and is more main-stream.
Back then it was whiny.
LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back