• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your favorite carry pistol?

I feel sorry for anyone that hasn’t fired a high end 1911.

However, I consider it an expert only weapon for concealed carry.

Two reasons:
1. As stated in the video, the it has a light short trigger pull, too easy to fire in a high stress situation.
2. To be effective, it should be carried with a round in the chamber, hammer back, safety on (condition 3?). Too easy for the safety to be clicked off accidentally, then you’re just 4-6 pounds from an AD.

I know there are many who will disagree, but these points should be considered. And remember I said for experts, so if you consider yourself such, feel free to disregard.

Two reasons:
1. As stated in the video, the it has a light short trigger pull, too easy to fire in a high stress situation.
2. To be effective, it should be carried with a round in the chamber, hammer back, safety on (condition 3?). Too easy for the safety to be clicked off accidentally, then you’re just 4-6 pounds from an AD.

I know there are many who will disagree, but these points should be considered. And remember I said for experts, so if you consider yourself such, feel free to disregard.
Years ago I went to the gun range with a buddy that was a wheel gun freak and also liked to tuned them up. My first shot with it was dead nuts but really wasn't ready to fire. Took aim and laid my finger on the trigger and it went off. Lightest trigger pull I ever felt and he even warned me that it was light. Imo, way too light. After that, I didn't get anything in the center of the target anymore and just handed it back to him once the cylinder was done.

Good looking but capacity is kinda lacking for my tastes.....
Practice and use these!

1696432323468.png

Oh I'm a pretty good shot in a relaxed environment.....it's being in a hostile one that makes one turn into a bad shooter. All you have to do is look at cops in a hostile shooting and see how many shots are fired and how many hit their mark. It's pretty scary where all the 'misses' are going. And all of my guns (used to have several) are/were loaded with hollow points. It's called 'safe' ammo because it has a much lower chance of hitting a bone (say like an upper arm) and glancing off and hitting an by stander that has nothing to do with it. There used to be a vid online of a cop in a shoot out at close range and he was killed after many shots were fired. He hit the perp a couple of times but not in key areas and the rest were misses. Close range was less than 10 feet!

38 Snub. S&W. Can’t hit much, but it’s a gut gun and ALWAYS goes bang when the trigger is pulled. 10 lb pull so I’m less likely to shoot my nuts off.

This is another thing that needs verified. 45acp is near the threshold of velocity that will cause expansion.
Of course, expansion is not that important with a 45

Have had a Springfield XD-S 3.3 9mm (1st gen, grenade-grip style) that I love. Then, covid hit, things got weird, and I wanted more than 7 rds - Hellcat. LOVE it. Quick on target, quick BACK on target, 13+1 9mm (HST 124 gr), and a Viridian green laser to complement the Ameriglo 3-dot night sights.

Been considering a Wilson Combat EDC-X9 (double-stack 1911)...but $3k for an EDC that will be confiscated in the event of having to use it...that's a point of hesitation. But DAMN, I love shooting them....

I had a little Ruger LCP
Ruger LCP II w/built in red dot laser.
Reason? Absolute invisibility is my FOREMOST requirement for my CC purposes.
I qualified for my CC permit renewal w/my Ruger. After I did the required shots, I put one right between the eyes and one in the tiny silhouette in the top left corner.
The new double stack Ruger LCP MAX is a 10+1 .380

Two reasons:

You're describing condition 1
Condition One
In this condition the pistol contains a loaded magazine, a cartridge loaded in the chamber, the hammer is cocked, and the thumb safety is engaged. In order to fire the pistol, the thumb safety must be depressed, the grip safety depressed and the trigger pressed. This method is often called “cocked & locked.” It is the carry method most often used by police officers and armed citizens who carry a 1911 for personal defense.

This is the condition I carry, even if the slide safety is off with hammer back, 1911s won't fire until the grip safety is depressed, if the grip safety is not depressed, there is no accidental discharge. During high stress encounters, I've never had a 1911 'too easy to fire', as always, it's an individual's level of physical and mental training that determines on target accuracy with rapid follow-up shots, if needed. I like to train sub .2sec split times on target with carry ammunition.

10mm 175gr SilverTip 1911 Delta Elite.JPG

You're describing condition 1

This is the condition I carry, even if the slide safety is off with hammer back, 1911s won't fire until the grip safety is depressed, if the grip safety is not depressed, there is no accidental discharge. During high stress encounters, I've never had a 1911 'too easy to fire', as always, it's an individual's level of physical and mental training that determines on target accuracy with rapid follow-up shots, if needed. I like to train sub .2sec split times on target with carry ammunition.

View attachment 1535250
If you know what split times are we’ll say you’re an expert

I seem to carry my Ruger LC9 more often because it is thin and small.
CAM00101.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back