• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your favorite carry pistol?

GLOCK 20 full frame. The 10mm is devastating round. I open Carry on a regular basis.
I don't mean your most expensive or fanciest but something reasonable you can carry all the time? I had a little Ruger LCP but I gave it to my mom. We had given her a Saiga 410 auto but it's just too big and heavy for her at 93. Mom is an old farm girl, she has no problem with guns.

I'd like to get my daughter a purse gun but it can't be too heavy or expensive. She has a .45 auto at home but that's too heavy for everyday carry. She likes the '45 because it's so heavy and that absorbs the recoil quite a bit.

I don't carry daily but when I do I carry a Detonics Combat Master 45. If you like the weight of full size 45's a Combat Master size might a good choice. Detonics are really collector items and overpriced. I have looked a several other compact 45's which are a little lighter and a lot less expensive than the Detonics pistols I have.

Ones that works.....hate the ones that jamb. My X did me a favor when she wanted the 1st gen Glock .40 model 22 I was carrying mainly because it was in her name but she kept the little .380 I bought for her in my name since she couldn't hold the .40 strong enough to keep it from jambing. I'm sure she either sold her .40 or gave it to one of the kids who are not very savvy with guns. Shortly after she left I bought a 4th gen Glock 22 and that thing is much better as far as fitting my hand vs the 1st gen. I don't carry it anymore since I got a throw down 1st gen 22 not too long ago. Just can't seem to get away from those .40's. Sold all but one of my collection when the divorce was well under way.....and miss some of the wheel guns that were here.

EDC- Springfield 3.3" XDE 9MM, double action with a hammer and decocker. River, woods and on the motorcycle - Ruger stainless GP100 4.2" .357

I carry a Ruger LC9 with a Crimson Trace laser sight. the only thing I don’t like about it is the trigger needs a shorter pull. Also occasionally carry a Kimber micro 9.

Star - Firestar Plus, for EDC. Or comp shooting STi 1911 in 9mm iron sights, and Walther PDP in 9mm with Halosun 907t red dot.

I like the .40 mini-Glock model 27 that I usually qualify with but it’s kind of fat to conceal in a holster so if I carry it’s usually a Ruger LC 380 with laser and self defense ammo. I also have a Kahr all-steel 9 mm which is really nice but a bit heavy and it’s double action all the way so not much fun for target punching.

One of my customers asked about my 380 that I carry, he says its too small and I should always carry a 9mm. I told him I will blindfold you and shoot one of your legs with the 380 and the other leg with my 9mm. Then tell me what leg was shot with the little 380.

Her, S&W 2" Model 60 with Crimson Trace grip and Glaser safety slug ammo.
Me, Either Colt MkIV 38 Super or 45 ACP. Silver tips,

Wiha insulated slim ................I do my best work with them.

I don't leave home without them. :poke:

1695784243894.png

Ones that works.....hate the ones that jamb. My X did me a favor when she wanted the 1st gen Glock .40 model 22 I was carrying mainly because it was in her name but she kept the little .380 I bought for her in my name since she couldn't hold the .40 strong enough to keep it from jambing. I'm sure she either sold her .40 or gave it to one of the kids who are not very savvy with guns. Shortly after she left I bought a 4th gen Glock 22 and that thing is much better as far as fitting my hand vs the 1st gen. I don't carry it anymore since I got a throw down 1st gen 22 not too long ago. Just can't seem to get away from those .40's. Sold all but one of my collection when the divorce was well under way.....and miss some of the wheel guns that were here.
Currently in Commiefornia we still have a "Gun Rooster" so at least 80% of the guns people living in the free world can buy aren't legal here... I tried to buy a Glock but we can only buy the Gen 3 & it fits my hand about like a 350 Chevy fits a Mopar... You can do it, but it'll never be right.... So I bought another Sig.....

I never leave home without my Glock 43 with TruGlo TFX Pro sights, custom trigger, tungsten guide rod, extended mag, and an extra mag both loaded with quality hollow point rounds. Always concealed carry.

Last edited:
The one thing no one talks about is the scary factor. I'm afraid if I bought my daughter a compact handgun and she pulled it out, a criminal may think small girl, toy gun or a very small caliber gun. Now I've always said if you pull a gun out you should shoot it, not just use it as a deterrent but let's be real about females. That's why I have given her a big *** High-Point .45 for home defense. Not just because it's cheap big and ugly. It's heavy so it doesn't hurt her hand when she fires it. I really have nothing against High Points. Great guarantee. They're just so ugly, but so is a Glock but in a different way. My problem with open carry is my waist is a bigger circumference than my butt. Shoulder harnesses are okay but they really scare people. That little clip holster inside the pant's waistband. Are you kidding? There's no extra room inside my waistband! My family was blessed with a flat ***. Even when I was wearing a 32-inch waist jeans my pants were very loose in the back. (Very tight in the front though lol.)

When we bought Grandma a home defense shotgun we knew she couldn't handle anything more than a .410. So we got her the scariest looking .410 a Saiga. Enough to scare a liberal into thinking it's a high-tech machine gun weapon of war. I really think G'ma would pull the trigger, she's a farm gal.

I want a scary-looking gun for my daughter. A revolver may look best, but it has to fit in her purse with the other stuff too.

I like guns with character, I've been thinking of a P-38. or a stainless Beretta 92. Is it illegal to ask if anyone wants to pm me?

Last edited:
check out the bersa thunder , comes in various calibers . not a expensive gun easy to handle and reliable…

Auto Transport Service
Back