• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crazy drivers killed my cat. anyone else have this problem?

PolaraLover64

Local time
12:57 AM
Reaction score
This is Mopar my old cat. Some crazy drivers flew by my house and hit him and left him there to suffer. What jerks. Anyone else have this problem where people drive by your house like crazy and don't pay attention? mopar the cat.jpg

Sorry to hear this. The maddening part is a lot of these assclowns do this on purpose. They have no respect for life or anything that doesn't directly affect them. One that I caught up with once said, "I didn't even see it". Ya well what if had been a little kid? F...... jerks!

So sorry PL, I happen to be a cat lover myself. There are a lot of sick people in the world and people who do this, I have no pity or mercy for. They should all suffer the same way as well.
God bless your little guy and know he'll be waiting for you one day.

Thanks ODZKing. I don't understand how people can be so reckless to other peoples things. Bugs the heck out of me.

IMG_0858.jpgI hear you buddy. People just don't think. We have many animals including 7 sheep, 2 donkeys, 16 chickens, 7 ducks, 2 dogs and 2 cats. Last summer someone ran down one of the ducks and left it there in the middle of the road. Never stopped to say sorry , or anything. Her mate was heart broken and died himself just a month later. So sad.

Man thats a bummer, poor little moggie. I hate hearing stories like this. My condolences, loosing a pet is never easy.

So sorry for your loss. We have plenty of feral cats around here, and the local rednecks see anything in the road as a target. We don't let our pets run.

I hear you buddy. People just don't think. We have many animals including 7 sheep, 2 donkeys, 16 chickens, 7 ducks, 2 dogs and 2 cats. Last summer someone ran down one of the ducks and left it there in the middle of the road. Never stopped to say sorry , or anything. Her mate was heart broken and died himself just a month later. So sad.

I can't imagine anybody would stop for a duck if they hit it to appologize...not too many people expect ducks to be pets.

I feel for you losing your pet but honestly, I am not surprised. Cats and other animals that run loose like that really need to have a boundary keeping them from roads or others property. I am not a cat lover and if your cat is on my property I'll chase it off. My door is not a marking post.

I don't believe somebody should aim for them but I do believe a pet should be contained to your property and not be a burden to others.

in todays age some people just don't give a **** about anything but them selves ,sorry for your loss

I don't know about where you live but the sheriffs department in my area has been real good about responding to my calls for traffic enforcement on the main road that goes by my house. For a while I had some asshole in a black Honda with a fartcan muffler go by my house a couple of times a day at about 70 or 80 mph (speed limit's 40). I got his plate # and called it in. The deputy called me back the next day and told me that he went by his house and had a discussion with him and his dad. I haven't seen him since so I'm guessing he's going a different way now. My point is, call the police in your area and give them a chance to control the traffic in your neighborhood. Get your neighbors and friends to call too. Keep after them. I can't say it will work every time, but it worked for me. I'm sorry about the loss of your cat.

i agree completely. We live in the boondocks of Vermont and know everyone on our dirt road. So the chances are good one did it. they all know that we have the ducks and chickens free range. we have signs up. everyone slows or stops and snaps pictures usually.there's 6 people on this road. not a lot of traffic.
I can't imagine anybody would stop for a duck if they hit it to appologize...not too many people expect ducks to be pets.

I feel for you losing your pet but honestly, I am not surprised. Cats and other animals that run loose like that really need to have a boundary keeping them from roads or others property. I am not a cat lover and if your cat is on my property I'll chase it off. My door is not a marking post.

I don't believe somebody should aim for them but I do believe a pet should be contained to your property and not be a burden to others.

We live in the country with multiple animals and everyone knows it because they see them as they drive by. People come flying by my house 60 or 70 and its a gravel road. we also have a few young kids around who occasionally run out to grab a run away ball or something so im thankful it was not a child. I understand its an animal but good Lord have the decency to say sorry i hit your cat. Instead when we found him he was still hanging on for dear life. Had to shoot him.

Sorry to hear about your loss, pets are such a loving part of the family,
It still hurts when you loose a loved one,
you have my deepest & heartfelt condolences...
May she rest in peace

Really sorry for your loss! Losing a pet like that has to be pretty traumatic. I wouldn't be surprised to find out he was "targeted" by some heartless clown. I hope this is not the case but .................. too many people would do that just out of meanness!

I know how you feel!.....if they just stopped, it would show a bit of remorse you would
feel better.

Jacka$$'s everywhere.....

Lost a dog years ago. She got out of the fence and from rumors in the neighborhood, someone swerved over to get her as she tried to get out of the way. I still live in the same neighborhood but I'm not too friendly towards the person that supposedly saw that happen. We're surrounded by morons.

This seam to be happening more. Cops shoot dog in it's own fenced in backyard

A Michigan couple is furious after police shot and killed their 10-month-old lab-pit bull puppy in their own backyard.

Bianca Alakson and Ryan Showalter said their dog, Rock, was in their backyard Sunday morning when police began chasing a suspect through their Redford Township neighborhood, WDIV-TV reported.

Police said they saw their suspect in the couple's home. When officers went through the gate into the backyard to find the suspect, Rock charged, one officer said.

The officer fired one round, but when that didn't stop the dog, he fired a second, fatal shot.

Police arrested Showalter for interfering with the investigation when he confronted them about the situation. Showalter said he was just asking what happened to his dog.

"I was breaking down hysterically in the back seat of the cop car, crying," he said

Showalter hasn't been charged.

Rock the puppy was in the couple's backyard, locked away, but was killed while cops were chasing after a suspect.
CLICKONDETROIT.COM
Rock the puppy was in the couple's backyard, locked away, but was killed while cops were chasing after a suspect.
Friends and neighbors said Rock was friendly and good with strangers.

"He wasn't the protector-of-the-house type dog," Showalter told the TV station. "He was just the greet-everybody-and-love-them-to-death type dog."

"He was just my baby," Alakson added.

ON A MOBILE DEVICE? WATCH VIDEO HERE.

RELATED STORIES
Sheriff's deputy fired after allegedly shooting family dog, Candy, on Texas farm
Family says Okla. cop bragged and laughed after shooting to death their dog
Pit bull shot and killed

PROMOTED STORIES
Any dog, any dog at all is going to run to greet someone visiting their yard. Let alone a puppy. I am sick and tired of these cops using the word "charged." "It charged me and I had to shoot him." This is happening every d amn day now with these cops. I'm sick of it. Americans should be SICK OF IT.
LikeREPLYSHARE12

I've gotten close in my neighborhood, I've almost been hit by people who can't drive a car correctly. I have to hold my dog on a short leash, cause people drive like crazy wackos.

Sorry for your loss. We have 2 cats right now. At one time 3 cats and 2 dogs. I get it.
Did you witness the "Some crazy drivers flew by the house and hit him" if so file a police report with a vehicle description.

I was coming home from work, turned onto my street usually filled with kids and proceeded at a normal speed 6 or 7 houses when a cat darted out in front of me. I slammed on the brakes, kept it straight but clipped one paw. I saw the cat run to the tree lawn and I pulled over and went over to it. My neighbor across the street was
behind me and we took the cat to the owners home. She was scared but seemed to have lost some fur and skin on the one paw. I do not know the extent of the injury other than what I saw. (I am and RN)
Later the owners husband came to my house insisting I pay the vet bills.
I told the owner I had cats and dogs and I am a responsible pet owner and I am not responsible for his pet that ran into the street in front of my car.
Pets can get hit though no fault or error the the vehicle driver. I was not driving fast or wild, yet it happened.
I am a responsible pet owner and responsible for my pets actions and behavior.

Auto Transport Service
Back