• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Credit scores....

Ever wonder why a car dealer wants your license before a test drive? It is not for safety....they text the salesman during your test drive if your good or not....I never give them my license and they give a rebuttal but I still get a test drive, lol....safety, right!

You just need to show them the right license(s).

dcedb8f10da366b4753758ad943c37df.jpg

Credit karma is not accurate at all. They consistently show my score 60-80 points lower than what it really is. I hate the system my wife and I have identical credit reports, but our scores are 40 points apart.

Credit karma is not accurate at all. They consistently show my score 60-80 points lower than what it really is. I hate the system my wife and I have identical credit reports, but our scores are 40 points apart.
They are Equifax and TransU report, pretty accurate but usually about a month and a half behind. They can only report what the creditors have. I think Wxpwrian carries more weight than the other two but ultimately its the FICO score that counts on big loans.

My wife's CS is higher than mine also. Think it's because I have more credit cards, more credit debt possible.

Experian Credit Report (not Wxpwrian),
the e & w are right next to each other on a keyboard :poke:
is what I think @Mike67 meant

I rarely check mine
last I saw it was 805 (?) 815 or something
not sure why it's not even higher,
it doesn't really matter
the lowest I ever had was like 740,
probably because I had several cars/trucks
& a couple mortgages at the time

I have Life Lock too, just incase

something like 840 is the best you can have IIRC

I pay everything off monthly, I rarely have any balance
I own my own houses, car/tucks etc., no outstanding loans
no outstanding mortgages etc.
I have several different credit cards
I use for different cards for different things
some have better points for food or gas
or even parts shopping or house repairs even

if you apply for a job
your credit score is 'extremely important' now too
as I've been told by others

Sad everything goes off your 'social security #'
I don't &/or won't give it out online...
Way too many phishing expeditions,
way too many scammers,
way too many sites get hacked too...

It's better to be safe, than sorry...
It's not a form of ID, it's mine, not theirs to use...

Experian Credit Report (not Wxpwrian),
the e & w are right next to each other on a keyboard :poke:

LOL!!!! Thats exactly what i meant!!! Thanks for watching out for me Bud!!! Fat fingers on an Android and thr lack of proof reading because I know what I meant to type sometimes bites me in the arse!!! LOL!
I to have a couple of cards I pay off each month as not to accrue interest. I have one that me and the wife put every purchase, and payment we can, I get 1.5% back on all purchases and no annual fees. This year I got about $800 back, its not huge but hell it's $800!!!
I've been thinking about switching to one of the other cards that has a higher payback (3%-5% + $150-$500 credit) and pay the annual $100-$150 fee.
CK gives recommedations on cards based on your score , mine is 780s+/- & I usually spend $3k on a low monrh- $5k on a hi. I pay it off to carry a $0 balance. I need to run the numbers and see how much It would be.
The other cards I'll keep $50-$100 balance just to keep them active which helps drive up your score. It's a shame you rated higher for owing more people....

Bud if I need "tucks" I would have to own them...dont think leasing or financing them would wise...
.:lol:

LOL!!!! Thats exactly what i meant!!! Thanks for watching out for me Bud!!! Fat fingers on an Android and thr lack of proof reading because I know what I meant to type sometimes bites me in the arse!!! LOL!
I to have a couple of cards I pay off each month as not to accrue interest. I have one that me and the wife put every purchase, and payment we can, I get 1.5% back on all purchases and no annual fees. This year I got about $800 back, its not huge but hell it's $800!!!
I've been thinking about switching to one of the other cards that has a higher payback (3%-5% + $150-$500 credit) and pay the annual $100-$150 fee.
CK gives recommedations on cards based on your score , mine is 780s+/- & I usually spend $3k on a low monrh- $5k on a hi. I pay it off to carry a $0 balance. I need to run the numbers and see how much It would be.
The other cards I'll keep $50-$100 balance just to keep them active which helps drive up your score. It's a shame you rated higher for owing more people....

Bud if I need "tucks" I would have to own them...dont think leasing or financing them would wise...
.:lol:

yeah wasn't trying to be the
spelling/grammar Nazi's
I do really despise that ****, it's a car forum not English lit :poke:
it just took me a min. to figure it out at 1st...

got a good chuckle from it

I think 'typo' is my middle name now :luvplace:

if 'spell check' doesn't catch it, I don't correct it :bananadance:

yeah wasn't trying to be the
spelling/grammar Nazi's
I do really despise that ****, it's a car forum not English lit :poke:
it just took me a min. to figure it out at 1st...

got a good chuckle from it

I think 'typo' is my middle name now :luvplace:

if 'spell check' doesn't catch it, I don't correct it :bananadance:
Lol, auto-incorrect is my default app! just checking to see who is paying attention!!! I'm surprised I'm not called out more often... I sleep very well regardless.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back