• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CSR transmission shield install

gtxwannabe

Local time
9:51 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone done a CSR transmission shield install on a 70 B body? I assume that I eirther need to pull the engine and transmission or drop both along with the k member. It looks like it only needs to be dropped a few inches. Any advice?

yOU HAVE TO PULL TRANS 1ST. MOUNT SHIELD ON TRANSMISSION AND CUT OFF EARS OFF TRANS. with a cutoff wheel, then go up to floor pan where it has seam and peen it over. Then smooth out with a BFH!
Mount shield and make sure you put strap on before you put trans back up or else you cant get the strap buckle tight on the strap.

A real PITA! If you're not racing it why go to all the hassle of putting it in?

What about a trans blanket? Are they worth it?

What about a trans blanket? Are they worth it?

I ran a trans. blanket for years. one way or another they get fluid soaked. I don't care who you are or how good of a seal you have on your pan. your blanket will get soaked with fluid at 1 point or another.
plus they hold in the heat compared to a csr shield.

I ran a trans. blanket for years. one way or another they get fluid soaked. I don't care who you are or how good of a seal you have on your pan. your blanket will get soaked with fluid at 1 point or another.
plus they hold in the heat compared to a csr shield.

That's good then. It will keep the fluid off the track!

That's good then. It will keep the fluid off the track!

well yea sort of.
if you run stock location front pump vent and you over fill just a little, you ill get fluid right out the front missing the blanket. :rolling:

Attachments

• mime-attachment.gif
    mime-attachment.gif
    37.9 KB · Views: 278
  • HEMI%20REUNION%2069%20HEMI%20RR%2065%20DODGE%20CORONET%20018.jpg
    HEMI%20REUNION%2069%20HEMI%20RR%2065%20DODGE%20CORONET%20018.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 262
Just like SSR stated, drop trans to install shield. You will definitely need to fold that firewall/trans tunnel lip flat. I tried to install my trans/shield before I realized this needed to be done and then needed to take it all out to do it again.

The 62-65 transmission sits more forward, so I was wondering if you need to fold the floor seam over on them?

I have a 64 had to take hammer an modify body little bit...lol I do know if you cut on them they will never certify them.

Auto Transport Service
Back