• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cut Outs

Joe Mopar

Local time
4:14 AM
Reaction score
I've been thinking about installing electric exhaust cut-outs on my Dodge 440 this winter and was wondering who else on the forum has some on their cars?

Can you tell me how much ( lengthwise ) space they require between the unit itself and the "Y" ?

I was thinking of using something like these..........

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DOU-DEC300AK/?rtype=10

I'd like to know before sending for them pros or cons about running these, if they hold up and again the space required for the set up.

Thanks, Joe

Joe, just get those on and next spring when your sitting at a stop light and some young guy has his music cranked, crack open those cut outs and enjoy your MUSIC, LOL!!!

:headbang:i put a pair on my hemi coronet, same ones. took about 6-8" of space. cannot tell you much else though. the car still is not running yet.

Joe: I have that exact Doug's unit on my Road Runner. They take up very little space. I will guess 8" x 12" along side the exhaust pipe (the car is at home, I'm at work). There is a perfect underside location on a 68 B-Body and they slip right in and are barely visible, unless you look for them.

It's the most fun you can have.

I mean to tell you, it finishes off a muscle car like nothing else. In just seconds the world hears my Hemi. Then in just seconds it's quiet again (the Hemi runs thru Dynomax SuperTurbos and it is flat out quiet).

They are bombproof (I've had them for three years). They don't leak. The connection at the Y has a small leak because we chose to not weld. They are clamped so that they can be removed if needed. The clamps work fine, but there remains a small leak when closed and accelerating. I hear it, and it hasn't carbonized up and sealed. A different clamp may seal it completely. But it's not a big deal so I can live with it.

It's the best money I've spent on my Mopar.

Joe, just get those on and next spring when your sitting at a stop light and some young guy has his music cranked, crack open those cut outs and enjoy your MUSIC, LOL!!!
I run straights on just about everything I own and it usually shuts them up really quick whenever they pull up next to me at a light :D

This is funny i was just looking at those, I really wanna get a pair of cutouts. I ran open headers for the first time last week and i was amazed at how good it sounds. My 318 sounds just as good as anything I've heard at the track.

Zack, exactly what I had in mind. Should be a blast for next year.

Thanks to all the positive feedback, I appreciate it.

Anyone else??? Keep the feed back coming, sounds great. Anyone have a youtube video of them operational on their car?

Thanks again, Joe

Auto Transport Service
Back