• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daily driving?

I feel so lucky to have been born in miami. I've never driven in snow but it doesn't sound fun at all. Can't wait to see that Monaco finished.
Nah snow can be really fun to drive in, right vehicle and right tires. I grew up on a farm, one of the first things I owned was a 351 powered Bronco. Could push snow with the bumper and it kept going like nothing. Give it some gas, go tear through the empty corn field throwing snow all over making a big cloud of it....
On the roads fresh snow is easy, packed snow is sort of a pain. it's more about driving with people that aren;t local then anything. that is why they salt, out of towners freak out and commerce would shut down if they didn't salt. tall skinny tires with lots of sipes on a vehicle with good ground clearance, if you ever venture to do it.

I'm curious... any breakdowns over that time? I always hear about reliability as an argument but I've seen these cars run for decades with no major issues.
Lers see, I ran maypops...no flats ever. One moring a carb float bown stick. An old water pump went out once but I limped home. Raan out of gas once because I neevr messed with fixing the gauges. But I am old and drove with points distibutors for years many decades ago.

OVERDRIVES ALL THE WAY! My 2000 dakota, 1983 dodge van, 1978 dodge magnum and my 69 dodge charger all have overdrives .

Nah snow can be really fun to drive in, right vehicle and right tires. I grew up on a farm, one of the first things I owned was a 351 powered Bronco. Could push snow with the bumper and it kept going like nothing. Give it some gas, go tear through the empty corn field throwing snow all over making a big cloud of it....
On the roads fresh snow is easy, packed snow is sort of a pain. it's more about driving with people that aren;t local then anything. that is why they salt, out of towners freak out and commerce would shut down if they didn't salt. tall skinny tires with lots of sipes on a vehicle with good ground clearance, if you ever venture to do it.
Sounds fun until I have to get out of the car lol... can't stand the cold.

Auto Transport Service
Back