• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash switch panel repair???

Dusty Dude

Local time
1:32 PM
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has tried to straighten the cast switch trim bezel used on the 68-69 Coronets with non-rally dash. Somehow some gorilla in the past has managed to twist the one in my dash about 1/8" or so between the notch for the steering column and the flasher switch location. I really don't want to start beating on this one if it's not possible to straighten it out without breaking it. I see several on eBay from pristine to ugly but if it's possible to fix this one I would rather do that and use the funds for something else going forward.

Looking down from top.

Switch trim panel.jpg

Bending diecast is a crapshoot. I used to straighten Holley 2245 2 Bbl. airhorns in a press as the warpage caused by over tightening the air cleaner wing nut would screw up the gasket seal. Ma Mopar finally engineered a brace to stop that warpage. If you go too far it will crack. It doesn't look like you need much though. Good luck!
Mike

You could try using a little heat from a propane torch.
Only "warm" it up though it melts pretty easily.

Auto Transport Service
Back