• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dayclona Daytona

Hey Mike........ I'd like to know what parts you might make for Daytona conversions.........

I told Stuart that I have a pretty nice 68 Charger in my garage in new and rebuilt steel....a perfect candidate for a conversion.......big block non-R/T.......I do all my own work from fabrication to finishing too, and want the best bang for my investment........I'd be a big hit with the wife too if we did a Dayclona...

Let me know what you might have available..used parts too..anything that might help..AND, we need a 70 front clip to start. :grin:

That's what I like to see. A guy heading in the right direction from the get-go. Unlike some of us who had to learn what parts to use...the hard way.:)

Is the rear window from a 4dr 68-70 similar to the Charger 500 window?

Is the rear window from a 4dr 68-70 similar to the Charger 500 window?

No the 69 Charger 500/Daytona Charger window is specific to that model only,It wasn't used on any other production car. I believe the rear window was only available in clear glass,not tinted.

We're fortunate that Dane and his dad figured out to use the vega hatchback to duplicate the daytona back glass way back when, but no one has found something that we can use for the superbirds. I think that it was Mike G. that told me that the repro back glasses just went up in price again. I wish I could find some kind of glass to use on my wife's bird clone. I may just have to bite the bullet and buy the repro glass. Sure glad that I didn't have to do that on the daytona clone.

There you go Mike! Your new title King of the winga's!:D

Ahhhh!......young master Pete,........I generaly prefer "King of Wing".........You know me, I'm pure Evil!.............."King of the Winga's" is too "mel Brooks".....or "monty phyton":tongueflap:.............but I guess it's better than this

00000000111111111.jpg

We're fortunate that Dane and his dad figured out to use the vega hatchback to duplicate the daytona back glass way back when, but no one has found something that we can use for the superbirds. I think that it was Mike G. that told me that the repro back glasses just went up in price again. I wish I could find some kind of glass to use on my wife's bird clone. I may just have to bite the bullet and buy the repro glass. Sure glad that I didn't have to do that on the daytona clone.

Larry you could always do the 70-4 Cuda rear window,....seen a few guys do it, very close, much like the vega plug is to the Tona'.......the cuda glass is about 50" at it's widest, the 68-70 B Body rear window is about 56", the Superbird rear window is about 49 " wide and about 26 " tall, the cuda is about 24 " tall last I recall?....little bit of sheetmetal work,....nothing you can't handle!.......very close, consider it?,,,,,,,,,,,,for a custom clone

Mike G

I'll look in the basement and see if I have another cuda back glass. I know I have a couple of challenger back glasses. I wonder how they measure out.
As for making the plug, it won't be easy but not impossible either. I'm beginning to wish that I hadn't sold so many of my cuda parts over the years. It's coming back to haunt me now.

I'll look in the basement and see if I have another cuda back glass. I know I have a couple of challenger back glasses. I wonder how they measure out.
As for making the plug, it won't be easy but not impossible either. I'm beginning to wish that I hadn't sold so many of my cuda parts over the years. It's coming back to haunt me now.

Larry......... only the Cuda' glass will give you the shape/ bubble that your looking for, best to cut a widow and surrounding sheetmetal out of a parts car, or fab your own.............my plug for the bird list $650.......I told you what a discounted price for you would be, the new OEM glass is currently $875 last I checked.......if you sent me enough moulding pcs from 68-70 Plymoyh B body and Charger......I could do a set of mouldings @SB for about $250..........so for between $1500-$2000 you get, plug, glass, and mouldings, you could do the bird plug, or fab up the Cuda rear window......choice is yours.......I know your project is a little ways off for now?.........think about the pros and cons

Mike G/ DAYCLONA

Hey Mike........ I'd like to know what parts you might make for Daytona conversions.........

I told Stuart that I have a pretty nice 68 Charger in my garage in new and rebuilt steel....a perfect candidate for a conversion.......big block non-R/T.......I do all my own work from fabrication to finishing too, and want the best bang for my investment........I'd be a big hit with the wife too if we did a Dayclona...

Let me know what you might have available..used parts too..anything that might help..AND, we need a 70 front clip to start. :grin:

Well PastorTom,

Larry (Hotrod98)and a whole buch of other Guys, have cleaned me out on wingcar stuff lately,.....been very busy filling orders as fast as I can......Have had over 100 orders in the last 9 months........got 3 more this week,......so as you can see, if you need anything, it would have to be ordered/fabricated

As far as what parts I make for the Daytona, everything you might need, depending on what your building.........bone stock 69 Daytona, I can supply every peice you need.........as for the 70 Charger front clip, you'll have to procure that yourself,......I could find you the front clip, but then it would have to be shipped, and when it comes to used sheetmetal, everyone has their own opinion as to what it is worth, rust issuses/ repairs, and if they want to use it on their car,........so the front clip, unless it's NOS,....is best left for you to procure...........a full blown "kit" from me, to make a 69 Daytona, would start at about 12K........

Thanks
Mike G

the one on the right is my car

but that one on the left has a cage and high back or racing seats , i dont think thats my car .

if you look at the picture of my car , he never that i can tell ever really mounted the wing just had the supports sitting up there nailed to a board laying onthe lid ?
It had daytona fenders on it but no nose or holes in the quarter panel ever drilled . ( to my knowledge)

The red engine bay made me think that it might be the same car. I see the difference now.

Auto Transport Service
Back