• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did some movie set work in SF

Meep-Meep

дворянин
Local time
9:13 PM
Reaction score
This is the second time I worked with a local guy who supplies cars for TV and movies and enlists me as a driver in background scenes and general moving of cars from set to set. Something different and kind of fun but a lot of standing around doing nothing too! Since he knows I'm a MoPar guy he made me drive these cars in scenes: 70 Gran Coupe 383, 71 Satellite Regent (survivor and must be the best one in the world); 65 Valiant; and the Dodge Diplomat taxi that I got my first movie part in! It's a shame they sent me to wardrobe to look like a cab driver in 1978 because it's highly likely no one will see me on screen. But hey, it was cool.

IMG_3720[1].JPG IMG_3713[1].JPG IMG_3712[1].JPG IMG_3684[1].JPG

Cool stuff Meeps...

whats the movie?

Ummmmm, I was afraid someone was going to ask that. It's an ABC mini series called When We Rise chronicling the gay movement in SF from 1969 onward. My big scene (that likely won't show up on camera) was to play a cab driver bringing Harvey Milk to Castro St. Car was parked and not even running and all that will be seen is the Harvey double getting out and walking to some shop. Funny story about the double, since I heard it all on the walkie as it was unfolding. The guy was just there to watch because his daughter was part of the crew but last minute someone realized they didn't have a double for the 1978 Harvey. So they see this guy Tim and ask if they can shave his beard. Next thing you know the make up lady was on set with a razor, threw a suit on him and stuffed his *** in the cab. Action!

OK guys, I know the jokes are coming so let it rip! I want to hear some good ones.

Very cool Meeps. Sometimes I watch old movies and TV shows just to see the old cars, especially the old Mopars.

No jokes from me. As long as you didn't play in any sex scenes!

RC in one, two....

Haha! Squeaky clean! But I'll say it won't break my heart if I never set foot in the Castro again. Some things just can't be unseen!

Too bad about the content/theme, I'll never see it...

hope you had a good time...

Too bad about the content/theme, I'll never see it...

hope you had a good time...
Yeah, no kidding. And I don't even watch TV. But out of curiosity I'll have to see at least my part.

Auto Transport Service
Back