• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Difference between 69 and 70 road wheel?

CatDieselPower

Local time
1:02 AM
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows the difference between the 69 and 70 road wheels? I know the trim rings are different, but the wheels themselves have different part number even though they are the same width and diameter.

The reason I ask is that my Dad's 69 Coronet R/T has 1970 wheels on it, and even though they are not correct, if the difference is nearly imperceptible, I will just leave them be.

Thanks guys!

I believe 69's (14 Inch)were all 5.5 width, and date coded. The 70's were available in a 6.0 as well, and The 70' does have a part number on them. The wheels are very close, as the trim ring is slightly different. If it were me, I would leave them alone.
Nice car!

I believe 69's (14 Inch)were all 5.5 width, and date coded. The 70's were available in a 6.0 as well, and The 70' does have a part number on them.

These 1970 wheels are PN 2944474 and are 14x5.5, just like the 1969 wheels, but with a different part number.

Auto Transport Service
Back