• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you like the Big Mac burger?

I don’t eat McD’s often, but I did during this last business trip. I had the 2 cheeseburger meal. While I like Big Macs, haven’t had one in over 6 months. Just too many better options out there in this day in age.

We stopped at an Arby's drive-thru in Nebraska last year for an intended quick stop while traveling home from CO. We sat in line for 20 minutes. I know, why not cut our losses and leave? Well, you keep thinking it has to get moving, plus we were out of options at that point. The kicker was once we got the food, it was ice cold. Arby's is dead to me - never again. I wasn't a fan to begin with.

we used to just do breakfast at Mcdonalds just on the weekends but anymore they can't even make an egg without shells in it...........this is the type of things that make us appreciate cooking for ourselves

McDonalds sucks. All except the one a couple miles from my house. I order a quarter pounder w/cheese, no onions no pickles (that's the secret to it not being a gut-bomb IMHO) and it as fresh as you can get it. Every time. It's so fresh that you can feel the heat of it coming through the bag. Truth be told, I actually crave it from that particular store. I go there once every couple of months to take care of the jones.

Otherwise, Im with Greg. I treat McD's like a spare tire.

Other than getting a senior coffee in the drive-thru (it's better and cheaper than Dunkin Doo-doo, and Starcraps which I NEVER patronize ), I haven't had that crap in eons. Now... let's get back to something more interesting, like post #39 and discuss Wendy's look-alikes

1682266443452.jpeg

I’ll stick with McArbys.
I have 2 of those near me. One is along a big 4 lane hwy. at a gas station stop. I went there twice. Once through dirve through. Everything was chucked together and dropped in the bag, but it was otherwise passable. The second time I went inside.
This place was the second filthiest eatery I have ever been in. I didn't even order. Never been back. Made me instantly regret the drive through meal I had 11 months prior, wondering what I may have eaten.

the other location is a bit further, and was actually really nice. Went there when i could, back in the era of those "deli sandwiches" that looked like something from your own kitchen. I am a sucker for beef and cheddar with some horsy sauce.
However, the city decided to put a median in the 4 lane road and also decided it cost to much or would impede traffic to put a turn lane there or even a break in the median, so the place became open only to one direction of traffic. Gutted the place basically, I made the effort a couple times but quality of service failed and the place went under shortly after. But at least people won;t have to change lanes to around someone turning left now. I guess.

In my line of work, I've been in and around McDonald's in this region for almost 30 years now.
Sold installs, did installs, inspected, whatever....
As a result, I became friendly with several managers of locations - and one day, I did one of
them a "solid" and made a housecall to his location without charging him for it (it was local...
and I was hungry).

He offers to feed me and I graciously decline - but then thought about it for a second.
I said "I've always wondered why the quality of the product has gone down so much.
Is it the plastic bins/assembly line nature of things or something about the food itself?"
He asks what I mean specifically, but doesn't deny any of what I'm saying, sadly nodding
in agreement instead....

I told him my experience with the then brand new Quarter Pounder w/Cheese in the early 70's;
how many bazillion I'd probably eaten over the years since, up until about a decade ago.
I asked if he'd do an experiment for me - and take one of those right out of the walk-in
and fry it up before my eyes on the griddle.
He happily agreed and we watched a worker fry that rascal up right out of the freezer, me
getting my hopes up that it would be better.
Well....it wasn't. At all.
I looked at him all forlorn and apologised; he shrugged, shook his head again and said "told ya".

It ain't how they do it, folks - well, that contributes to be fair - it's the quality of the food.
Same exact thing happening at Burger King also; they do the same thing there, too.

I like Big Macs but Mcdonalds' has gotten so expensive lately. I have been using the Arby's coupons that come in the mail. I've been hitting Qdoba too.

Got to be no other options before I'd have a MD burger. The fries at MD were pretty good, but recently in my opinion Wendy's has fries that are much better. I don't how the burgers are cooked in all these fast food places now days. Back in the day there were actual grills in MD and Wendy's that could be seen. Burger King had the tunnel like machine when they were actually "flame Broiled". Todays fast food outlets must microwave the burgers or something else, certainly don't have the flavor they once did when they came off the grill..

Auto Transport Service
Back