• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don’t ruin my lunch!

F4R/T

Local time
3:21 PM
Reaction score
Edelbrock sent me an email, what do I find ? Article about a guy who shoved an LS in to a 73 scamp....oh boy... I know my feeling just had to vent I really would have thought edelbrock would have thought about this... but then again the fastest drag cars are hemi powered with different skins..also just heard petty is going to toyota next year and bubba is buying the team ,made me have upset stomach at lunch

There's one of those threads over on FABO. '75 Swinger IIRC. Blasphemy. And I don't mean BLASPHEMI like Finnegan shoving that blown Hemi in a '55 shoe box... :D

I know of a person up here that put a 440 plymouth engine into a 56 Chevy 2dr hdtp. So all isnt lost.

LS engines are popular. Young guys find these in scrape yards. There cheap. Take there Bmws, Celicas. Rip the sewing machine engines out and convert I think its pretty cool. As for a LS in a Dart. The car could of made its way to the scappers if thats the case or not Some one did something with it.

I made my opinion known in that ls scamp thread. I was shocked at the amount of A body Mopar owners that came to his defense. at least he used the ugliest beaked nose A body put out by chryco

Beak nose lol. First to hear that one!

Kind of funny. I was thinking of converting this. And Im not a A body guy.
BC01FBCD-1DFB-4820-8665-36DBE62D3A86.jpeg

:D

Us A-Body guys have called those things "Beakers" or "Beak Noses"for decades. Seriously.
I've had a few A body cars over the years but nothing newer than a 71 Dustpan......1-67 and 1-69 Dart hardtops and 2-69 Valiants with one being a 2 dr post.

Second generation Darts are the ****. Love to have a LO29 Dart, keep the chebby chit outta my MoPar

I don't care for brand X motors in Mopars. We have a lot to choose from. Now putting a O/D brand X that's a whole nother topic. We don't have much to pick from.

With all of the available crate hemi stuff one would think they would just go 5.7 and keep it mopar but you cant count for peoples taste.. My friend laughed when he sent me some pictures of a LS swapped 1968 Charger I puked a little in my mouth..

Vomit in a Plymouth imo , call it a beak nose but it’s still cooler than a nova! Imo

C9E33463-63B2-4259-AE9E-8BAC8D7E6EA8.png

I do think a lot of the ls swapping is because of being dirt cheap, like the old sbc. Blasphemi is a good example .. I bet the tri five guys had a stroke.. I just don’t like inbreeding them with a gm ... kinda like a finger print mopar is always different!

What happens when GMC supplies crate engines at a 10th the cost of Mopars...

these guys out here are finding LS engines in chevy pickups at pick in pull for what 200 bucks getting the plug n play harnesses and away they go.

Auto Transport Service
Back