• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door Fuzzy replacement 2 dr hard top

440 4 speed

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone found an easy way to replace the fuzzies/cat whiskers? These are the outer ones.
Didn’t notice the clips were wrong, so the trim is facing down. This was after the windows were adjusted.

Last edited:
What part is hard? Use a piece of wire to hook the old ones and yank them out and then clip the new ones into place.

Are you talking about the halves that staple to the door panels? My set came with staples so, I drilled holes in the weather strips and installed all the staples in their original positions. Not hard, just time consuming.
Mike

Are you talking about the halves that staple to the door panels? My set came with staples so, I drilled holes in the weather strips and installed all the staples in their original positions. Not hard, just time consuming.
Mike
These are the outer door ones. Thanks

Thanks. Will take a look, don’t want to scratch the new paint.
Scratch the new paint. Didn't you pull the whiskers before paint?

If not, lower the glass down an extra 1" or so by adjusting the regulator (screw and jam nut) if it's still in. Then you can push the whiskers inward to bend the tabs and they'll pull up easier.

Auto Transport Service
Back