• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Driving Skill training for a special need.

ws23jrt

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:47 AM
Reaction score
This is a five-year-old clip of unique drive training in a big car that a friend just sent me. EEK- I have trouble with my backup cam and the distorted perspective review mirrors.

My friend also thinks this is a fake video.- Is he right?

Last edited:
Yep I did that last night in the work van :lol:, hes got talent for sure.

You can’t seriously think that is real.
This was made after President Trump led the field on the warm up laps before the Daytona 500 in the beast years ago. It’s fake

Last edited:
Yep, fake tire smoke. That alone tells you the whole thing is BS.

It's computer animation. Don't know which game it's from but some are so realistic you have to look twice. It had me going until they started using different outside, ground level cameras which gave it away. Still fun to watch.

It's not really that hard in real life. There used to be a video out where they raced backwards on a dirt track, driver was blind folded and the passenger gave directions. Can't find that one.

I successfully completed academy training at the California Highway Patrol Academy (graduated March, 1983 at Bryte, Calif.) and later graduated August, 1985 (Brunswick, Georgia) at the United States Border Patrol Academy on the FLETC campus (Federal Law Enforcement Training Center). Both courses included "enforcement driving" on either flat tracks or banked track.

At the CHP academy, one skill taught/practiced was high speed driving a patrol car in reverse, but in a straight line. The academy cadet that attained the highest speed/score (approx. 60 mph) was a former long-haul truck driver. Unfortunately, that same cadet was dismissed before graduation for not having passed the academic requirements (for example, not having completed at least a score of 70% on all examinations).

If the Secret Service video were true-to-life, the driving would have been performed by one of the Secret Service academy instructors. However, I don't believe the limo (which probably weighs twice an average passenger car) has the performance/handling characteristics necessary for such a feat.

Last edited:
could the driver really be in the back and make you think hes up front?

This is a five-year-old clip of unique drive training in a big car that a friend just sent me. EEK- I have trouble with my backup cam and the distorted perspective review mirrors.

My friend also thinks this is a fake video.- Is he right?

Yep video game technology/architecture/graphics etc.

'sort of cool'

but not real

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I successfully completed academy training at the California Highway Patrol Academy (graduated March, 1983 at Bryte, Calif.) and later graduated August, 1985 (Brunswick, Georgia) at the United States Border Patrol Academy on the FLETC campus (Federal Law Enforcement Training Center). Both courses included "enforcement driving" on either flat tracks or banked track.

At the CHP academy, one skill taught/practiced was high speed driving a patrol car in reverse, but in a straight line. The academy cadet that attained the highest speed/score (approx. 60 mph) was a former long-haul truck driver. Unfortunately, that same cadet was dismissed before graduation for not having passed the academic requirements (for example, not having completed at least a score of 70% on all examinations).

If the Secret Service video were true-to-life, the driving would have been performed by one of the Secret Service academy instructors. However, I don't believe the limo (which probably weighs twice an average passenger car) has the performance/handling characteristics necessary for such a feat.

I do like the @Dibbons 'real' CHP training ride-along video
& Border Patrol post thou

You can’t seriously think that is real.
This was made after President Trump lead the field on the warm up laps before the Daytona 500 in the beast years ago. It’s fake
:thumbsup:

Smiley - a none political post.png

actually, 3 presidents, Reagan, Bush 43' & Trump
all have attended only Pres. Trump made laps

Not that #43 :lol:I actually Respect "King Richard"

he was congratulated by 'Ronnie' too,
I think it was his 200th win or something
in a Pontiac unfortunately
It was his 200th win, I was watching it
July 4 1984 Firecracker 400 and he did drive a Pontiac by then in his career.

Auto Transport Service
Back