• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dynamat or ?

Siles from Amazon, $50 for 36 square ft
Thats what I'm using. It seems to go on fine and the aluminum backing is thicker than the Thermotech stuff. That makes me feel better about using in footwells, where it will see some traffic.

I’ve used Noico.

It’s likely all the same **** and most of it made in Russia which is a big negative given what they’re doing right now……
This is what I used on my GTX. It was half the cost of Dynomat. Stuck it to my roof and floors and firewall. No issues.

do your research, hundreds of opinions. Fatmat may leave a asphalt smell in car. but thats up for debate.
dynamat ain't cheap but works best.
you might get what you pay for.
how bad do you want noise gone.
kilmat
noico
look up how they do airplanes.
than see what will work best for you and your budget.

Another vote for Fatmat - I ordered the sheets instead of the roll, easier to install.

I used Ballistic SSBK and like the black foil and like it. I was also concerned about an asphalt smell. I molded rubber for 40 years and all elastomers are not created equal. It is very possible to add fillers to cheapen the product and what I was worried about with the less expensive products. Last thing you would want is to button up the interior only to have some smell for life. Maybe not an issue but I didn't want to take a chance. Kern Dog is correct in that it really only needs to go where there are flat panels that can reverberate like a drum head. That will save some money there.

The X-Mat I initialy purchased was asphalt based and would run out in a vertical installation. After I discovered the problem I called Eastwood and found out they recalled all the original product. I had mine in the original boxes for 8-10 years before using it. Eastwood replaced the defective product and sent me a gallon of solvent to help clean up the "tar". I liked the service!
Mike

I used Kilmat, bought 2 boxes 80 mil 36 pieces per box thru Amazon . $59.99 per box. covered every thing from front thru back including the big tubs with a box and half . I bought a set of rollers and would heat the metal with my heat gun before applying the mat then rolled it down.

DSCF1015.JPG

DSCF1018.JPG

DSCF1106.JPG

DSCF1101.JPG

DSCF1102.JPG

Recommendations on best floor insulation / sound deadener etc. Dynamat is expensive, other "equal to" alternatives out there?
After a bit of research, price checks and Canadian availability I opted for Kilmat. Easy to use going on although a bit sticky to remove. Of course I also have jute backed carpet for final install once I have the console brackets welded back in. Previous owner had removed the console and replaced it with a slapstick control of the tranny.

IMG_1817.jpg

After a bit of research, price checks and Canadian availability I opted for Kilmat. Easy to use going on although a bit sticky to remove. Of course I also have jute backed carpet for final install once I have the console brackets welded back in. Previous owner had removed the console and replaced it with a slapstick control of the tranny.

View attachment 1635610

Regardless of what brand you choose, I believe that it’s time and money well spent…

Auto Transport Service
Back