• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DYNO CHART-My NEW 505" Stroker

If it makes you feel any better Mike I dont run a roller cam either as I use a solid flat tappet.
You should have no problem with detonation at 11.1 and aluminum heads if it has quench and the builder knows you want to run pump as he will use a cam with the right intake valve closing to keep the cyl pressure where you need it. I am at 10.6 and I run 92 pump with 37 total timing and have never had any detonation. If your eng man knows you want to run pump then you should be fine as we have the technology today to build many engines to run on pump and make power. Good luck , Ron

If it makes you feel any better Mike I dont run a roller cam either as I use a solid flat tappet.
You should have no problem with detonation at 11.1 and aluminum heads if it has quench and the builder knows you want to run pump as he will use a cam with the right intake valve closing to keep the cyl pressure where you need it. I am at 10.6 and I run 92 pump with 37 total timing and have never had any detonation. If your eng man knows you want to run pump then you should be fine as we have the technology today to build many engines to run on pump and make power. Good luck , Ron

That is because ron you have a freakishly good running car and i am watching this build and what you have done ron to make my choice on my future motor i have a killer Crower roller cam & a good solid lift cam so i am thinking.

That is because ron you have a freakishly good running car and i am watching this build and what you have done ron to make my choice on my future motor i have a killer Crower roller cam & a good solid lift cam so i am thinking.

Thank you for the kind words. Don get me wrong as there is nothing wrong with running a roller cam but I did not want to use a street roller with lower spring pressure as a good roller for racing will run alot of spring pressure and I did not want to run that high spring pressure on my street eng that I plan to put alot of miles on it. I more or less stayed flat tappet for the less maintnance of running the high spring pressure and pulling the roller lifters every 3 to 5000 miles to check them. Which if you run a strong roller with alot of spring pressure I figured I may have had to do. With the low pressure of the flat tappet all I do is adjust the valves once a year. As long as you know what roller you run and maintaine it the roller is great. And it does cost a heck of alot more also. So thats alot of why I went with a flat tappet as I most likely give up a small amount of power that a roller could give me. Ron

I was searching 505 Mopar and this thread came up. I have a 505 for a 71 charger run on the Victor heads single plane intake at 650 solid roller. Did you ever get it to the track How did it run?

Just to add, Im guessing the stroke was 4.25- not the 4.15 that was stated.

Auto Transport Service
Back