• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eddy heads and headers

moparmarks

I'm just a guy with a screwdriver.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:15 AM
Reaction score
1970 B body with a 440 and the Edelbrock Performer RPM heads with the angle plugs. What are good fitting headers?
Thanks

Well, TTI does make great stuff but DOUG's are as close to identical as I've seen at 2/3 the price.
I have TTIs in the red car. Next time I need headers for something, I may consider Doug's just to save a few bucks.

Doug's are good but they don't offer as many size options for BB Mopar, I think they just sell one with a 2" primary and I don't remember the collector size. They're up to $800 at the Summit now...wow. Still a little cheaper than TTI though.

The issue that I'm having with these angle plug heads is with #6 plug. Seems with all the headers the #2 tube runs across the top and then drops at a 45* between numbers 6 and 8. The #6 plugs angles right into that tube. Looks like the Dougs headers are not any different than the Headmans that I have. Looks like on the TTIs the #2 tube drops down further back giving the #6 plug more room. Guess I'm calling TTI in morning, again.

The issue that I'm having with these angle plug heads is with #6 plug. Seems with all the headers the #2 tube runs across the top and then drops at a 45* between numbers 6 and 8. The #6 plugs angles right into that tube. Looks like the Dougs headers are not any different than the Headmans that I have. Looks like on the TTIs the #2 tube drops down further back giving the #6 plug more room. Guess I'm calling TTI in morning, again.
Like this?

These are TTI 2".

602 L.JPG

Like this?

These are TTI 2".

View attachment 1520422
Thanks for the pic KernDog, I can see the tube there is slightly more angled than on my 1-7/8" TTIs. Flange bolt access is also easy.
Here's mine in that area,
20230904_111139.jpg

Lots of room for the #6 plug and flange bolt. The limiting factor is the shock tower.
20230904_111202.jpg

Okay you guys are awesome! The 1-7/8 are the ones that I like. The tube is more vertical giving more room for both #6 and #8 plugs. Why in the hell can't they all make headers like that? What is so hard about making **** that fits properly? Being a retired Sparky I'm all **** about headers and plug wires. This will probably be about the 15th set of ITTs that I've installed. Have 3 cars in the shop right now with them.
Many thanks

Metal manipulation seems to be a lost art.

Auto Transport Service
Back