• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Effective Anti-Theft System for a '69 Charger??

They're arresting preachers for having Easter services, do they actually let you have guns in Canada?
Sure, there are guns here. Lots of guys at work were firearms collectors. I drive by this place a few times each month.
https://www.therangelangley.com/
Screen-Shot-2019-03-22-at-11.36.58-AM-768x380.png

e56485_250f6a5d178f4de98a5165b4c53459d1~mv2_d_5561_3128_s_4_2.gif

It's still a car, not a museum piece..

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Why is it the people from the west coast that say that stuff?
A copy of my toilet IS in a museum. It may have been just a toilet when they made it, but the design is a work of art. (That's a r t not f a r t :lol:).

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Why is it the people from the west coast that say that stuff?

Because people from Kentucky say stuff like this...

I use security cameras and lights. If you're parking it on the street, you're asking for trouble. I can't imagine you're going to dothat. The building they're in is close enough that I'll hear/see anything that happens.
If they want to steal it, they'll find a way but cameras and lights are a pretty good deterrent.

So what do you do when your 500-1500 miles from home & don't have a building with cameras & lights....

Because people from Kentucky say stuff like this...

Ok, if it's "just a car" and not that important, why bother trying to protect it at all?
There's always someone here. We have really good gun laws in this state - we don't need a license to have one.

don't have a building with cameras & lights....
So where do you keep your car?

Ok, if it's "just a car" and not that important, why bother trying to protect it at all?
There's always someone here. We have really good gun laws in this state - we don't need a license to have one.

So where do you keep your car?

Care to quote the whole comment? Here, I'll make it easy for you..

So what do you do when your 500-1500 miles from home & don't have a building with cameras & lights....

Kinda important to the context of the comment don't ya think? Grabbing a small block of text & quoting it out of context is something certain news outlets a known for, we don't do that here... LOL...

As I said in my first post... GPS tracking system with motion alert & Geo-Fence... If my car moves a little I get an alert on my phone... If my car moves allot I can see where it is in real time...

You could use a hidden ignition kill switch that allows the engine to turn over but won't start. That way a casual thief will think "it's an old car, it's just hard to start" and hopefully give up after a few goes. You'd also hear it turning over if nearby.
If I'm leaving mine all day, at the movies or the beach I'll usually take the coil lead with me in my pocket, or the rotor.
Just insure it for a decent amount, enjoy the car and take sensible precautions. Park in well lit areas or where there's a lot of foot traffic. Maybe get an external lock that fits over the steering wheel. You just want to deter the casual thieves. If the professionals want your car, you'll have a hard time stopping them unfortunately.

If a thief wants it they will get it, self loading wreckers will get them. That being said I ran one for years I’d scare ya how fast I’d have it out of there , parked any way you want I’ll get it. Put a boot on it, it can’t roll, kill the fuel or ignition will help.. GPS in a hidden spot all good but the hook will win...sadly! I honestly wish I had a better idea , anchor and chain it to a concrete slab? A way to slow a hook down is lock the steer axle turned tight to the stop. The military used to secure steering wheels by a heavy chain welded to the seat frame with a good lock.. Angry dog inside waiting? I wish I had the right answer for this. I’ve seen wreckers get stolen and used to steel other cars. I like the chain around a steering wheel idea it’s a big hassle .. Thieves suck!

That's right. If they want it they will get it. Ask John Wick! lol

A loud alarm system, a kill switch, gps tracker, loosen the lug nuts...etc..... and if all of these fail? At least have it insured for way more than its worth!

Care to quote the whole comment? Here, I'll make it easy for you..

Kinda important to the context of the comment don't ya think? Grabbing a small block of text & quoting it out of context is something certain news outlets a known for, we don't do that here... LOL...

As I said in my first post... GPS tracking system with motion alert & Geo-Fence... If my car moves a little I get an alert on my phone... If my car moves allot I can see where it is in real time...
You have a battery backup for that GPS if they disconnect the battery? Juat askin'.:D

You have a battery backup for that GPS if they disconnect the battery? Juat askin'.:D
The GPS that I use is battery only, lasts about three years. Intermediate keep alive signal with remote Geofence enable and live tracking as well.

Well then, you've got no problems!
image.jpeg

As you mentioned in your post about distance, how's that going to help if you're 500 - 1500 miles away?

As you mentioned in your post about distance, how's that going to help if you're 500 - 1500 miles away?

What I was talking about in my first post was I actually drive my car long distances, if I'm 1500 miles from my home/car storage driving my car and I park it at a hotel I have a sense of security knowing my car won't move without me knowing about it...

If I'm 1500 miles from home & my car is at home I'll still know if it moves, I'll have video of why it moved & I'll be able to see where it's going... If it's being stolen I can contact police & tell them where my car is....

I liked one alarm I saw a few years ago with a self contained battery pack. If someone broke in, it would wait a few seconds and then a 125 dB alarm would go off...inside the car.

What I was talking about in my first post was I actually drive my car long distances, if I'm 1500 miles from my home/car storage driving my car and I park it at a hotel I have a sense of security knowing my car won't move without me knowing about it...

If I'm 1500 miles from home & my car is at home I'll still know if it moves, I'll have video of why it moved & I'll be able to see where it's going... If it's being stolen I can contact police & tell them where my car is....

Yeah, but as you said, it's just a car, right? If it gets stolen, you can just get another one!

When I get my 73 SSB back on the road I will add a relay and a switch wired with the NSS
if switch not open when taken out of park relay drops to NC and grounds coil and kills motor
This protects even if hot wired

Before I retired the whole car, I placed a battery kill switch under the hood. I didn’t trust the wiring at all as it was really bad. After I was done retiring the car, it still had that battery switch plus another inside the car that kills the whole thing. Of course these little anti theft things do not keep the wreckers and flatbeds away.

I do not leave it where I can’t see it.

Auto Transport Service
Back