• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Effective Anti-Theft System for a '69 Charger??

I use a keyed battery switch in the trunk but the most important thing is where I don't leave it, I never leave it parked anywhere questionable.

Way back in the 1960s, my dad was driving a little Austin Cambridge. It had an electric fuel pump, so he installed a hidden toggle switch that he turned off whenever he left the car. He was working as a car mechanic at the time, and was at work, road testing a customer car he'd just repaired. He spied his own car a couple blocks away - someone had stolen it from where he worked but it ran out of gas after a short drive.

I learned this tip from a police office, when you feel you are in a high risk area ,what ever that may be, leave some ones cell phone in an undisclosed part of the car. I have a secret stash spot in my trunk. It would be rare for me to leave my car unattended. But for example when my son took it to school parked in the lot he would do that. You would obviously need to activate the tracking on it of course.

My thinking is that if someone really wanted my car, chances are they are going to get it or destroy it trying. My bigger concern is the opportunist. With that in mind, I keep a Club on it whenever it is out of sight and if I think it needs more, I pull the coil wire out and put it under the passenger seat.
Slightly painful side story but I drove the car to a classified government installation once, put the club on and then realized they key to the club was in another state. Trying to get approval to have someone come onsite to rescue my car took 24 hours. Then trying to find someone that was US Citizen willing to do a background check took another 24 hours. I keep a spare key hidden on the car now.

Glock Perfections is Glock Protection.

upload_2021-11-25_9-44-7.jpeg

This can cut power when wired to key start while using separate button switch (hidden under dash) for starter. So trying to use key to start cuts power, have separate hidden switch wired to batt to re-enable solenoid.

Also helps to have hood lock that needs key even if you have to pop hood open from inside to prevent hot wiring.

Just having separate hidden button for starter has successfully stopped a Buddy getting his car stole after losing keys.
https://www.amazon.com/Cole-Hersee-24200-Latching-Solenoid/dp/B001FQMZQU

Just first 20 seconds

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back