• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ever see a Black Superbird?

tumblr_nlug1utvCx1rixupdo1_500.jpg

One year, I was in Van Nuys for their annual Spring Fling show. They have a gathering at a "Bob's Big Boy" in Northridge on Saturday evening. A guy had a black Superbird there. NO vinyl top! The car had none of the stainless trim or seam covers that all other SuperBirds have. It was a very clean build, it looked the way a factory might have done it.
No pictures, sorry!

Not a Superbird, but for decades growing up, I watched the Harlow Tire Daytona come and go, sit in front of the dealership, and eventually get sold. Every car guy in the tri-county area wanted that car, some like me still do!

503D5ADF-F72C-4A45-A437-E192A23D487B.png

Car was sitting next to a 71 superbee and both owned by the same lady. When they did the article superbirds were bringing about 80k and they said she wanted 250k. Car is now at her house and she also has a 70 coroner r/t sitting out in the back yard.
Also surprised with all of the high impact colors they never did a plum crazy one, sorry, in violet.

do you have a better/Bigger copy of that article?
i tried a couple of diff ways,but cannot get it to where it can be read.
thanks for sharing.
I have
do you have a better/Bigger copy of that article?
i tried a couple of diff ways,but cannot get it to where it can be read.
thanks for sharing.
I will see if I can find it. It was a last page in one of my old mopar mags but that was years ago. I found that on Google and it looks like it was there from dodge charger.com

Auto Transport Service
Back