• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust Drone!!

"THRUSH " that´s what I always use... these mufflers are cool...good muscle car sound ..not to load and inside quiet

Greetings Juergen

I guess I'm just different maybe... I don't let other peoples opinions or the wife dictate what my car sounds like or them effect my enjoyment of driving it....

I guess you missed the part where I said that I was tired of the drone... I'll bet you have a perfect marriage if your wife's opinion doesn't count...good luck with that...no wonder I see so many guys like you cruising nice cars by themselves. Just my opinion, you understand....lol

I guess you missed the part where I said that I was tired of the drone... I'll bet you have a perfect marriage if your wife's opinion doesn't count...good luck with that...no wonder I see so many guys like you cruising nice cars by themselves. Just my opinion, you understand....lol

Not married either... she's dead & like normal, your always a freaken' jerk, add to the ignore list, great option here...

ASSUME Away jerk... a little full of yourself aren't you..

Attachments

• Your a DICK.jpg
    Your a DICK.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 316
is the whole sytem hung with rubber insulators?i have also seen wrapping the mufflers in headder wrap reduce drone.

Budnicks: You can jab but don't like getting jabbed. Is that it? I love how folks can hide behind a keyboard and say things that might get them in trouble if they said it face to face. Of course, you wouldn't do that, would you...ignore me if you want to. Sometimes the truth hurts....

Budnicks: You can jab but don't like getting jabbed. Is that it? I love how folks can hide behind a keyboard and say things that might get them in trouble if they said it face to face. Of course, you wouldn't do that, would you...ignore me if you want to. Sometimes the truth hurts....

I haven't put you on ignore yet freaken' jerk... I'm not afraid of you or hiding behind my keyboard, I'll say it to directly to your damn face your a frreaken' jerk... I wasn't even referring to your lame wife comment, in the 1st place you freaken' Jerk...

You crack me up. Uhhh, typing it on your keyboard is not saying it to my face. If you weren't referring to my comment about my wife, where did that come from? Sorry, it's too hard to match mental witts with you so you'll have to continue this by yourself...

You crack me up. Uhhh, typing it on your keyboard is not saying it to my face. If you weren't referring to my comment about my wife, where did that come from? Sorry, it's too hard to match mental witts with you so you'll have to continue this by yourself...

I said I would say it to your face freaken' jerk.. if I ever do see you I will too, you can bank on it, freaken' mental midget... "I would actually be offended, only if I actually thought you actually knew, anything about, what your talking about"... that's quoting you.... Jerk

poly 318 exhaust

i have a poly in my car with flowmasters and i noticed it sounded better after i removed the heat riser butterfly but mine was stuck most of the way shut. those exhaust manifolds are very restrictive so it was worth the effort for better engine performance and who needs all that running through the bottom of the intake anyway?

Try adding a Dynomax Race Bullet.

Watch the demonstration video here: [video=youtube;ORGyLVmFqmY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORGyLVmFqmY&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Link to product info here: http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers.php?muffler=racebullet

Budnicks/coloroadodave, STOP fussing like little kids! If you must argue, use email or PM and give the rest of us some peace.

I have the 3" flowbastards and it drones like a mother f@#$ real annoying on long drives, no insulating mat yet for me plan on doing what every smart dude here has already done and get me some of those dynomax turbos same boat wifes loves to cruise but hates she can't talk to me at 65 mph it sux.

Wife can't talk to ya at 65 mph? Hmmm....might not be a bad thing!! :D:D

Wife can't talk to ya at 65 mph? Hmmm....might not be a bad thing!! :D:D

I was thinking that too. Although I'm not married anymore. I just didn't want to add fuel to any fires burning on this thread.

Mine can't speak to me in the living room. Some kind of sounds that cannot be understood. The tone is enough to get the general idea.

I read on another forum that adding a 26" capped "J" pipe on each side cancels the resonance (drone). I can't remember if they were supposed to be in front of or behind the mufflers.

I had dronemasters for about a month, but couldn't stand it. I scrapped them and and some super turbos put on. Believe it or not I can feel the difference between the flowmasters and the super turbos. I want to try something like Magnaflows, but I'm a little gun shy.

Actually Mopars have exhaust drone, worse than Ford or GM. It worse when the pipes are not ran out the back. Over the last 30 years I've ran everything from open headers to Turbos, Cherry Bombs, Thrust, Flowmasters, Magnaflows, ect. All have drone on Mopars. Have not tried Dynomax. Have Magnaflows on my 72 and they drone real bad around 45 mph.

Getting Back To The Original Point....

I Took Out The Back Seat. I Notice That The Floors Under The Back Seats Were Very "tin'y", Which Are Right Over The Flowmasters. I Loaded Up Those Floors With Dynamat. Also, I Made A Styrofoam And Fiberglass Insulation Sandwich Between The Rear Seat And The Trunk Because There Was Nothing Behind The Back seat before. I Was Going To Try It Out Last Night But The Weather Didnt Cooperate. I Will Let You Guys Know If These Things Helped.... I Sure Hope So.

i am interested to see how your repair turns out.taking the trunk out of the equation is a good idea.show some pics if it works.

Auto Transport Service
Back