• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Facebook Group Parts for sale, Possible Scam? Thoughts?

The commerce I do on Facebook is mostly to sell stuff and a couple of times that I have bought something it was local and able to go pick it up.

The commerce I do on Facebook is mostly to sell stuff and a couple of times that I have bought something it was local and able to go pick it up.
Local is cool, just take a “friend” along.

There's lots of instances where they are using stolen FB identities, as well. I advertised for a "wanted" ad for my '66 Imperial, and got immediate replies from three people that claimed "I have exactly what you're needing!"...all three had FB identities that were less than two weeks old. I played with one of the schmucks. His ID pic had a pic of a rather famous building in Denver. I asked him "what is that building in your pic background?" with me knowing exactly what and where it was, and he replied "How should I know?" I replied "Hope you die painfully!" and blocked the jackwagon.

Yesterday a keen eyed customer sent me a message. Eric was spot on!

Screenshot_20230601-114757_Messenger.jpg

Not only was she a scam artist but uninformed too. Those are for a small block, and were one of my very first custom jobs for a FABO guy. Her profile page no longer appears on the platform. Good riddance!

Auto Transport Service
Back