• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Factory vs Aftermarket A/C Decision

crahill39

Local time
11:59 PM
Reaction score
The heater core was leaking on my GTX so I pulled it out and tore down the whole assembly. One of the vacuum actuators is sticking, and I am re-thinking if I want to rebuild this box. I am a bit leary of getting this all back together and something failing shortly after. The aftermarket options from Vintage/Classic/Restomod all seem like really good alternatives, but does anyone know of a source to get the vacuum actuators or are there other non-mopar specific actuators that may be able to work?

Just a note for the public record. Classic and Restomod are one and the same. Restomod was created to offer more specialty components such as billet controls and brackets. The ac components are the same as Classic offers.

go with new,I redid mine on the challenger and wished I bought aftermarket setup. It worked but I spent the same and it was not as good.

My car originally had A/C from factory. I rebuilt my heater box, checked the pods (and found a "new" one on ebag), made my own aluminum hard lines. Bought the compressor, mounts, condenser (exact original), drier from Bouchillon. I don't know if he got/gets some stuff from Vintage or Classic but it works fine.

HB intalled.jpg 20160725_174238_zpsolpzgvui.jpg #2 Rod (2).jpg 20161228_190144.jpg AC.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back