• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Family Tradition

Glad to know you guy's feel i'm doing a good job. I really do appreciate it!

More cancer to remove......Typical rot area on these cars, especially since it seems someone removed the inner splash shields and went clay dirt track racing 20 years ago..lol

s4-1.jpg

s3-1.jpg

Drivers side was was worse.....Another typical problem on these northern cars. Back in the day, the left side of the car sloshed up all that salt/snow/ice/sand the tends to gather up towards the center line. Also explains the rocker and wheelhouse being in much worse condition than passenger.

s2-1.jpg

After installing lower patches, I decided that I wasn't quite happy with the metal condition up from them, so I ended up fabing in a patch a bit higher up as well.

s1-1.jpg

Passenger side roughly done........I will rust bullet, seam seal and possibly undercoat these areas so this car doesn't have to worry about these issues again in the next 41 years.....

s5-1.jpg

Thanks KD!

Got the areas forward of the jams wrapped up tonight...

Ever wonder what the metal looks like under all the factory seam sealer...........

d3.jpg

Got the patches done, after that, wire wheeled the surfaces down to bare metal, preped and metal washed, then covered all with rust bullet. Then I applied 3M seam sealer pretty much where the factory did. Seeing this area is right below where water from inside the cowl is channeled out, obviously the factory had the right idea in mind...Now there's a rust protectant as well as sealer.

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

Starting to see a tiny bit of light at the end of the tunnel.......................

d4.jpg

hey will,just checking in quick to see how you're doing.just read about your surgery,hope you are feeling back to normal. was looking at your thread and saw how much you got done in the month i've been on the road,the way you're going when i take off for another month you'll probably have the car in primer.

LOL.....Thanks Roger, and good to hear from you. Hope all is going well with life on the road!

Plugging away on the doors now....Got to get the new ones fit up so I have proper gap/ shape to set the new quarters to.

Take care

After a few joy filled hours, finally got the doors mounted. Gotta say with the hinge rebuild and spending ample time lining the doors and the striker up, these doors open/close and swing as good as if not better than a new cars...Definitly worth the time and effort!!!! Got some of the guts in the door, besides some of the window trim that is off to the chrome shop.

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

Also got the trunk lid back home....Had it media blasted for a knock out price. Brought it over to my buddies place, I leaded in the trim holes, fixed a couple small dings, skim coated, used his spray booth and epoxy primed. It's pretty much ready for guide coat/blocking.

t1.jpg

looking good will,it is starting to come together.didn't get much done on anything around my garage.maybe today after our visit with the grandson i get get some work done on the ramcharger.

Thanks guys! It's refreshing to actually start bolting fresh metal on instead of demolishing old rotten chunks..

Wow!! U are a mad man Will that thing will be on the road before I have even gotten my trunk and wheel tubs in!! Making some progress not alot yet but will post pics once some things start really happening! Keep up the awesome work!!

Thanks Ben......Just keep pegging away buddy! The trunk/wheelhouse is some nitty gritty work. Once you got that knocked out, you'll feel a whole lot better about where you're at.

I'm glad I logged in & caught up with this project. Lookin good man! Really good!!

I'm glad I logged in & caught up with this project. Lookin good man! Really good!!

Thanks Dave........Holy smokes man, you get stuck up in your tree stand? Haven't seen you in a while...LOL
The hippie bird project must be gettin real close to kick off now.........

Last edited:
this rr is coming out nice makes me want to finish my 70rr right now ur getting it done pretty quick but lookin good can just imagine how that beauty is going to look once its done what color u going to paint it.

Thanks a bunch 70roadrunner.. Works been just crazy lately so my pace slowed a bit in the past week or two. I guess there is worse problems to have. With all the hours at work it means more money down the road for the Roadrunner as well....Wish i was as far along as yours. That paint turned out real nice on your bird

As far as color...kinda still a bit up in the air. Car was originally B5 blue (not the light blue you see now), but i'm not going numbers/originality crazy seeing original engine/tranny is long gone... B5 is not going back on it. I'm not a huge fan of the color on a 69' roadrunner

kinda stuck between red...silver..or black

You got that right I'm stopped right now having a baby in about a month and cant really do much on the rr hopefully as soon as the baby is born I'll go back to work and start getting back to it cant wait to finish it and tear up the streets in it hopefully by first thing next year I'll be able to buy the billet wheels or order a stroker kit one of the two already told the wife got to get on this thing so we can take it out I'll keep you up to date once I get some progress on it again////red or silver either would look beautiful just carful with that silver sometimes it can be a pain

red or black paint

You got that right cant really do much to the bird as were waiting on our new baby boy hopefully should be born in about a month or so kinda holding up on the toys once hes born hopefully I'll go back to work and get back on it, hopefully by the first months of next year I'll either order by custom billet wheels or a stroker kit for my engine either or already told the wife and she agreed so hopefully once I get some progress on it I let you know so you can let me know what you think. I might be buffing it here pretty soon as I'm just here at the house all day.Cant wait to finish mine up also to go out and tear up the streets hopefully all the hard work pays off Heres wat it could look like (more less) got a whole bunch of metal die cast cars tough choice red,black,silver either would look nice keep up the good work

SSPX0741.jpg

SSPX0742.jpg

SSPX0743.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back