• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Mopar Built

Mike67

Local time
5:44 AM
Reaction score
I know there are similar threads but curious what is everyone's favorite Mopar, and I'm leaning to built. But are welcome to post a specific model /year.
My favorite has to be Troy's 66 Belevedere, a 9.7 sec 1/4 & 208 mph flying mile street car. To me it's an engineering marvel.

download.jpeg

I am building a 70 Daytona stock car that will have a 472 Hemi engine, 5 speed overdrive trans,a full floating 9 inch rear axle and a full Laughlin Nascar chassis. It should be capable of over 200 mph. The plan is to drive a 200 plus mph stock car on the streets! It should be a cool project if I.ever get my engine back from machine shop jail!
20190909_105918.jpg
20190909_105948.jpg

Last edited:
I am building a 70 Daytona stock car that will have a 472 Hemi engine, 5 speed overdrive trans,a full floating 9 inch rear axle and a full Laughlin Nascar chassis. It should be capable of over 200 mph. The plan is to drive a 200 plus mph stock car on the streets! It should be a cool project if I.ever get my engine back from machine shop jail!View attachment 1128353View attachment 1128354
Very cool and I realy like those wheels, especially the width on front, very NASCAR!

My '71 Charger is a fun/decent driving car, but of my older cars, it was the only one with factory power disc brakes.
I also has upgraded suspension and tires/wheels, and extra insulation so it is quieter and cooler than my other cars.
The Slap-Stick shifter and floating type accelerator, and re-designed center console seem to be nicer than the non-gated shifter and floor mounted accelerator pedal of the '67-'69 cars I have had.

Geez, there are so many great looking ones.
But for me the 1 year only 1970 B body plymouth, GTX, RR, or Satellite is the top.
Had several mopars over the years but never a 70 plymouth.

But for me the 1 year only 1970 B body plymouth, GTX, RR, or Satellite is the top.

I have been fortunate enough to have had three 70 Plymouths. A 70 440 4 speed GTX with the air grabber hood, a 70 Road Runner 440 six barrel 4 speed with the air grabber hood, and a 70 Road Runner convertible. I still have the convertible, it's a real project. 70 Plymouths are really cool cars! A one year only body style.
20210518_212320.jpg

Last edited:
I know there are similar threads but curious what is everyone's favorite Mopar, and I'm leaning to built. But are welcome to post a specific model /year.
My favorite has to be Troy's 66 Belevedere, a 9.7 sec 1/4 & 208 mph flying mile street car. To me it's an engineering marvel.

View attachment 1128346
I like that one too.....and wanted to chop the top on my sedan 2". Thought it would look pretty cool with the car lowered 2" and that was done.

The Top 10 favorite Mopars list for me is
1) 68 to 70 Charger, 70 R/T preferred
2)71 Cuda
3)70 71 Challenger R/T
4) 69 Daytona Charger/70 Plymouth Superbird
5) 70 Plymouth Road Runner/GTX
6) 71 Charger R/T /72 Charger rallye
7) 71 Road Runner/GTX
8) 78 79 Little Red Express Trucks
9) Hellcat Challenger
10) 96 Viper GTS

Favorite for me. Lemon twist yellow, 70 roadrunner, 383 4 speed. Been a dream car of mine for years.

This is the best Mopar I've ever owned. I also really like 71 Road Runners, 70 Challengers, 67 GTX's and 64 Sport Furys.

Runcharger2.jpg

My crazy build is also my problem. I bought an old '70 Cuda drag car that has been a roller since the early 80s. It was so heavily modified. (K-frame, shock towers cut. Motor plate mount on frame rail set back 7" to a cut firwall where a modified hemi where once sat) to build back to its V-code roots. (With original 440-6 and A833 trans long gone decades ago.) (So I thought. This was mid 2000s before the E-body explosion.) This was a small team's attempt to compete with the big boys of the day (Landy, Sox Martin ect..) in the mid 70s. And like many? Their efforts fell short against the cream of the crop back in the day. So I acquired an engine even more extreme than their hemi efforts. A marine Schubeck 904ci DOHC V-8. Got it bolted to that same motor plate where the their hemi sat so many years ago. My goal? A over the top pump gas Pro Street build.

My problem? Transmission. This engine kicks like a mule on the low-end torque side. Nearly 1200 ft/lbs at just under 3000 rpm. I have a JW Ultrabell Power Glide with a GV OD unit. That automatic setup can more than handle the power. But does heat up making any "Street" application problematic. I've talked with most all the trans players (G-Force, Liberty, Tremec, Passon ect.) And all agreeing there is a transmission "Street/strip" gap for today's performance options. And my build is one of many examples. Tremec seemed to have the most interest. Believing they may be able to produce a 5/6 speed trans with polished billet gears that just might handle the "Beast" But of course "Just might" is not the greatest design recommendation. Lenco is a solid option. But it's cumbersome on the street. And any "Clutchless" design is even worse.

Make no mistake. This engine is not a big block bored and stroked out maximum to achieve 900+ cubes? It's poured from the foundry to 13" deck height. 5" wider than a race 426 hemi. It's designed to be this much power in its "Stock" trim. At 10.1:1 compression for 91 octane. Pushing around a 3000 lb E-body is light duty. It's the drivetrain that will suffer. The back of the crank is drilled 8 hole hemi. The block is so big it has both Chrysler and Chevy bellhousing bolt patterns.

In closing? If anyone hears or has a transmission option? Feel free to forward. The rear is aftermarket strange Dana 3.54 gear/axle. (Rear gear options is not as difficult.)

ZomboDroid 27072020230012.jpg

Agree - the '70 was a standout and too bad it was only one year with that particular style and gone. But...so many awesome mopars thru the late 50's, 60's and early 70's...what an era...and wish I had my '70 Cuda back.

In no perticular order:

'70 Super Bee
'67 Charger
'73 Roadrunner
'74 Challenger Rallye
'80 Roadrunner
'73 Dart Sport 340
'73 Gold Duster
'71 GTX
'70 Charger
'77 Midnite Express

Dick Landy's 68 Hemi Charger