• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

favorite oil filters?

favorite oil filter?

• Wix

Votes: 137 51.3%
  • Mopar Performance

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • Fram

Votes: 52 19.5%
  • Purolator

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • Pennzoil

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 45 16.9%

• Total voters
was using mopar filters for years. I was using mopar filters in the 60's/70's and 80's and then went to fram because they were easy to get. Looks like I have to change to wix. the quality seems to be a whole bunch better than the fram filters and still easy to get.

I use to use AC Delco filters, but now it's either Wix or NAPA Gold.

33 years with GM had me using AC exclusively,until they moved their production south of the border. I worked in GM Engineering years ago and when we started getting the "import" ACs,we had serious quality issues-like the canister/plate welds being poor,and having the canister blow off on start-up. Nothing like having 10W-30 sprayed all over your dyno room(at 60psi) to really make your day.

I use WIX on all the GM vehicles around here;I'd like to run a long unit on the 413,after I change the radiator so that the hose doesn't interfere with the filter housing. I'm sticking with US made,even if it's on principal alone.

I use Napa Gold on both my daily drivers, but when I worked for the Ford dealerships it wasn't unusual to see a Motorcrap on the Ramcharger or the old Chrysler I had just because I got the discount.

I like Wix filter. It seems to keep the oil cleaner.

I like the K & N filters when I can find 'em but the Wix are just as good.

I like the Wix Or the NAPA Gold filters. I believe they are the same. We tend to stay away from Fram always. I think the new Royal Purple Filter is going to be a top quality unit, but i have not tried one one yet.

K&N, with that nut welded to the end it makes removal and installation a snap! Other wise I have used WIX, FRAM, and MP. I was told to ask Mopar parts drone for the Viper filter, better media (like K&N) and it is the same size as a P8A.

What ever happened to Hastings? They origanally had the "nut" and were a good filter too..

Auto Transport Service
Back