• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FHO Fuel Injection

Looks like Fast Rich Nedbal's EFI. Banning builds nice stuff and is very busy. Rich Nedbal know EFI and tuning. He does nice work. I see a 40K hole in your pocket.

Its expensive but, I've always dreamed of having a Hemi Bee. I'm not getting any younger and with both the kids out of the house, now seems like the time to do it. The car has a 440 with MSD Atomic injection now. I just want to know if the injection is worth the money.

Its expensive but, I've always dreamed of having a Hemi Bee. I'm not getting any younger and with both the kids out of the house, now seems like the time to do it. The car has a 440 with MSD Atomic injection now. I just want to know if the injection is worth the money.
My 528 Hemi is carbed. This was my long term project starting back in 2005. I started the project and amassed all my parts. Knowing what I know now I would of went EFI. When I started my project most of this today stuff was not available. Now with bolt in EFI tanks with pumps and everything else its a no brainer. Cost wise you will spend more but not that much more. Get with those guys and get a list started. Buy once and get it right from the start.

I'd like to add my .02 on F.I.. I have a 472 crate hemi I bought in 2002. I put a 2 4 barrel manifold and 2 Edelbrock 1406 carbs. It ran good, 575 HP, on the dyno. I put FiTech F.I. and got stuck with no start had to flat bed car home. They replaced the ECU to fix it. Meanwhile I went back to the 2 carbs. Edelbrock came out with the speed pro 4 with injectors in the manifold. So I ordered it and waited almost a year to get it. I just ran it about 2 weeks ago and tried running it the other day and I noticed no start and a leaking injector. I replace the o rings and no help to stop the leak and noticed another injector leaking. Needless to say I'm very disappointed with all the F.I. I've tried. I'm going try and solve this dilemma, but if I can't, I'm definitely going back to carbs. In comparison I have an 05 Ram with a hemi and it has never failed to start and has 98,000 miles. That's the difference between factory and after market F.I.. That's my disappointment so far with after market injection.

Tim builds good stuff and I would expect his EFI to be top notch.
I did build a car for a friend though with a 572 Hemi. We initially ran dual AFB's on it with absolutely no problem, then changed to good old Fitech and of course had EFI reliability issues. I moved away but my friend then bought a more sophisticated EFI (not sure what brand but not a TB) and had it installed by a hi-end shop, cost north of $5k and it's been on a tow truck about 4 times since.
You can pretty much always get a carbed car home under it's own power.

I went EFI mostly for the reason of running E85 and wanting a fuel composition sensor.

Took it a step further with crank trigger and coil on plug. Turned out great and works perfect.

Have nothing against carbs and a distributor.

I think I could have dialed it in just as well but wouldn't want to do carbs with E85, didn't want to commit to race gas and didn't want lower compression.

Auto Transport Service
Back